dismiss

Joy of Cooking: Christmas Cookies

by Irma S. Rombauer, Ethan Becker, Marion Rombauer Becker

An indispensable, lavishly illustrated collection of holiday cookie recipes -- from the authors of America's perennially bestselling and favorite cookbook, Joy of Cooking.Christmas and cookies are inseparable. The mere mention of baking cookies conjures up memories not just of tantalizing aromas and great tastes, but of warm kitchens and good times with family and friends.Joy of Cooking Christmas Cookies brings together in a single volume 75 delicious cookie recipes and more than 25 recipes for holiday extras -- that's more than 100 recipes, half of which are new.A treasure trove of information, this book will teach anyone how to measure, handle, and shape cookie doughs, and how to decorate cookies. From Chocolate-glazed Toffee Bars to Scottish Shortbread to Tuscan Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Mint Surprises, Joy of Cooking Christmas Cookies tells you how to make dozens of wonderful, mouthwatering cookies. It is the only cookie book you will ever need!… (more)

A pretty good selection with lots of easy German-American-style classics (as well as some non-holiday recipes and some "reduced-fat" options, which I have not tried, and probably won't). I bought this the year we forgot where we had stored Grandma's recipes the previous December -- and the resulting cookies, while not exactly the same, filled the bill. Worth the price for the Lebkuchen alone. I like the small format, too.
  FelixQuiPotuit | Jan 9, 2008 |
The only cookie I have made from this book (my bad) is the Pfeffernusse (peppernuts), and they were delicious! Their legend I found at www.stnicholascenter.org which is a wonderful site. I won't say what they are supposed to be, but the idea really appealed to my 10 year old grandson.
  louparris | Nov 26, 2007 |

Irma S. Rombauerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Becker, Ethanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Becker, Marion Rombauermain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,867,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible