Tunnels by Roderick Gordon

Tunnels (2008)

by Roderick Gordon, Brian Williams

Series: Tunnels (1)

English (52)  Spanish (1)  Norwegian (1)  Tagalog (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (56)
This book is makes me want to uncover a underground civlivation ( )
  JavonRusan | Mar 3, 2017 |
Creepy! ( )
  KarenAJeff | Feb 25, 2017 |
I picked this up thinking it might be another Harry Potter wanna-be. It's not. It stands on it's own. The characters are believable and the setting is amazing. It's an exciting read. There are a few bits here and there that drag, or that rush by, but all-in-all, well-written. I cared about the characters. I was able to visualize every bizarre setting. And, most of all, I cared about Will and what happens to him.

This book would appeal to those who like Harry Potter and Indiana Jones. (Actually - I think that's the best way to describe this book.) It is young adult - I would think any advanced readers from the middle grades could handle it, but as an adult, I thoroughly enjoyed it, too. ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |
Slow start but otherwise an excellent plot and good twists and turns throughout. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |
I wanted to like this book more than I did...It seemed way too long for what happened in it, and seemed a lot like other recent books, only those other books were better, in my opinion. However, it does have moments that really work, especially in the second half where the boys are running away and then running back to save their friend...I do think boys might enjoy this, if they can get through the slow start. ( )
  susan259 | Jan 21, 2016 |

Roderick Gordonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Williams, Brianmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gommers, KarienTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
van Soest, HannekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Everything unknown is doubted." - Anonymous
In Memoriam: Elizabeth Oke Gordon 1837-1919
Schlark! The pickax hit the wall of earth and, sparking on an unseen shard of flint, sank deeper into the clay, coming to a sudden halt with a dull thud."

The New York Times Bestseller! The story of an outcast boy, his eccentric dad, and the scary underground world they discover through secret TUNNELS.

14-year-old Will Burrows has little in common with his strange, dysfunctional family. In fact, the only bond he shares with his eccentric father is a passion for archaeological excavation. So when Dad mysteriously vanishes, Will is compelled to dig up the truth behind his disappearance. He unearths the unbelievable: a secret subterranean society. "The Colony" has existed unchanged for a century, but it's no benign time capsule of a bygone era--because the Colony is ruled by a cultlike overclass, the Styx. Before long--before he can find his father--Will is their prisoner....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:17 -0400)

When Will Burrows and his friend Chester embark on a quest to find Will's archaeologist father, who has inexplicably disappeared, they are led to a labyrinthine world underneath London, full of sinister inhabitants with evil intentions toward "Topsoilers" like Will and his father.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,700,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible