HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Birds Do the Strangest Things

by Leonora Hornblow

Describes twenty-two birds with unusual habits or characteristics, including the ostrich, kiwi, honey guide, and hornbill.

Describes 22 birds with unusual habits or characteristics, including the ostrich, kiwi, honey guide and hornbill.
  BLTSbraille | Oct 20, 2021 |
The "...Strangest Things" series is a wonderful series for young elementary aged children. It is a great way to introduce them to science. I had these books when I was a child many years ago, and remembered them well. Fortunately, my mother saved them, so I have been able to share them with my own children who have been fascinated by the different animals, bugs, fish, and birds of the series. ( )
1 vote rretzler | Aug 31, 2011 |
This is a book that captured my fancy as a child with whimsical anecdotes and colorful pictures. It has stood the test of time rather well, but I am sure some of the information is out-dated. A quirky, fun book that contributed to my early scientific leanings. ( )
1 vote heidialice | Aug 16, 2006 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,286,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible