The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (1989)

by Stephen R. Covey

Series: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

A leading management consultant outlines seven organizational rules for improving effectiveness and increasing productivity at work and at home.

English (132)  Spanish (4)  Portuguese (Brazil) (3)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Arabic (1)  All languages (142)
Still a strong message though the cultural underpinnings are occasionally disturbing to me. Nevertheless, shift your paradigms and sharpen your saws.
  WiebkeK | Jan 21, 2021 |
Maybe I'm not in the right mindset to read this book, but all I heard as I read it was, "be response-able blah, blah, blah". He kept repeating parts of habits 1 and 2 throughout--yeah, yeah, I got it!--and buried the meatiness of what he was trying to say in a bunch of fluff or repeated material. I swear, if he just got to the point, this book would only be about 100 pages and way more EFFECTIVE. He should add the habit of minimalism.

I read the first hundred pages and skimmed the rest. Maybe it got more to the point as you proceeded through the other steps, but I doubt it. ( )
  pmichaud | Dec 21, 2020 |
I have read this book twice now - once in 2012, and now in 2015. I have yet to meet someone who actually materializes the 7 habits and has benefitted from them. Covey uses words like "synergy" and "proactive" a lot. A lot. It's not really a fun read, and I didn't find anything to be particularly useful. Skip the book. ( )
  krngl | Dec 13, 2020 |
Cute book for a class library for teens to have access to for self improvement ( )
  NJecmenek | Nov 12, 2020 |
I read this book years ago. I remember working hard to get over a hump in the middle, but I persisted and have used the lessons in the book repeatedly. ( )
  DwaynesBookList | Aug 14, 2020 |
Borrowing slightly from the concepts of Quantum Mechanics, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People begins with the astute observation that people perceive the world differently, and because we view the world with our own unique "lens," it is difficult to separate the observation from the observer.

Covey says that we all have our own paradigm, which is our own map of how we perceive the world and how we think the world should be in our ideal view. Covey writes, "The way we see things is the source of the way we think and the way we act."

Stephen R. Coveyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Abelli, TizianaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Calvi, BarbaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cavalleri, PaoloPrefacesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Christiansen, BrunoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Duchateau, PaulTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guenette, MagaliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Piatigorsky, JorgeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
There is no real excellence in all this world which can be separated from right living

DAVID STAR JORDAN
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
ARISTOTLE
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
OLIVER WENDALL HOLMES
Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.
GOETHE
In more than 25 years of working with people in business, university, and marriage and family settings, I have come in contact with many individuals who have achieved an incredible degree of outward success, but have found themselves struggling with an inner hunger, a deep need for personal congruency and effectiveness and for healthy, growing relationships with other people.
ISBN 0738504106 - WorldCat and Amazon both return for Rochester Neighborhoods by Shirley Cox Husted and Ruth Rosenberg-Naparsteck
Do not combine with any of the abridged audiobooks, ISBNs are: 188321937X, 0671315285, 1883219973, 0671687964, 0802514553, 0743538528, 0671869469, 1616574925, 1455892823, 0671853236, 0743501071, 0743501535, 1933499397
Unabridged audiobook ISBNs are: 1491586761 [1 CD, MP3, 14 hrs.], 1929494750 [3 CDs, 14 hrs.], 188321923X [8 cassettes and 1 workbook], 1480568317 [14 CDs, 14 hrs.], 1455892807 [MP3, 13 hrs.], 1455892785 [13 CDs, 13 hrs.], 1469200716 [7 CDs, 8 hrs., 15 min.], 1455893560 [7 CDs, 8 hrs.]
Unknown whether abridged or unabridged: 1883219027 [4 CDs, 4 hr., 30 mins. OR 4 cassettes, 6 hrs.], 1929494157 [6 CDs, 5 hrs.], 1599128284, 1883219337 [6 cassettes], 1933976004, 1442354895, 8360313563 [MP3, 12 hrs., 30 min.], 9992006684 [cassette]
Per WorldCat, the title of this book indicates it to be a new edition.
Unknown if audiobook is abridged or unabridged
Audiobook - unknown if abridged or unabridged

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,739,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible