The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens (1998)

by Sean Covey

Being a teenager is both wonderful and challenging. In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, author Sean Covey applies the timeless principles of the 7 Habits to teens and the tough issues and life-changing decisions they face. In an entertaining style, Covey provides a step-by-step guide to help teens improve self-image, build friendships, resist peer pressure, achieve their goals, get along with their parents, and much more. In addition, this book is stuffed with cartoons, clever ideas, great quotes, and incredible stories about real teens from all over the world. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens will engage teenagers unlike any other book. An indispensable book for teens, as well as parents, grandparents, and any adult who influences young people, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens is destined to become the last word on surviving and thriving as a teen and beyond.… (more)
(32)

I hated this book with every bone in my body. I was forced to read it as my summer reading book for freashman year, and it did not help me one bit. I think that fact that I was forced to read it contributed to the hatred, but it was also content. I felt like I wasn't gaining any information that I didn't already know, and there was no story or exiting details that made it interesting to read. There was not much substance to this book, and although it presented solutions to teens' problems, it wasn't anything new that I haven't already been told by everyone else in my life. This book did not drive me to manage my time or be proactive. All it did was waste my time. ( )
  lstimpfl22 | Nov 6, 2020 |
the book was very to the point and provided facts that would be helpful in life. Unfortunatly for me i did not find this book very captivating and therefore did not retain much of the information provided in the book. ( )
  slabuda22 | Nov 6, 2020 |
I was not a big fan of this book because it contained a lot of information that was not relatable to a teenager. The organization of the book was poor and the language was plain and not very interesting. Furthermore, I did not learn how to be a more effective teen by reading this book. ( )
  englishcredit1 | Nov 7, 2019 |
Every teen in America should read this book. Highly engaging. Lays it out in a way teens can understand. Humorous, conversational tone. Starts out by describing the 7 habits of highly defective teens (which is hilarious) and leaves no opening for a counter argument. Teens who really want to change their miserable circumstances will be able to if they buckle down with this book and commit to changing themselves. The book empowers them and attempts to convince them that only by changing themselves and their thinking can they hope to improve their lives. If they refuse to work on themselves, then no book will work. This one is their best hope. ( )
  valorrmac | May 15, 2018 |
Q2

This book helps teens be more effective in what they do, and you have to work on the first before the 2nd, 2nd before 3rd and so on. 1-3 is self-victory, 4-6 is public victory, 7 is refresh. The first habit is "Be Proactive", we are in charge, not others we choose to feel/do what we do/feel. The second habit is "Begin with the End in Mind", if we focus on what we do will help us on the right track. the third is "Put First Things First", put the most important things first. 4th is "Think Win-Win", if we think that everyone can win there will be the most benefits. 5th, "Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood", we need to understand before we can help. 6th, "Synergize" is a way to find a win-win answer but first you need to do 1-5. Finally 7, "sharpen the Saw", we have to take time to preform maintenance and refresh or it will all be in vain.

I gave this book 4 1/2 stars because it is good but not my preferred style of book. My favorite habit is "Sharpen the Saw" because sometimes I really need to take some to relax. The name of some is confusing, and some what Yoda-ish. I recommend this book to teens who feel they are not at their full potential. ( )
  NoahJ.B2 | Dec 26, 2017 |
To Mom
for all the lullabies
and late-night talks

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,088,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible