The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by…

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens (1998)

by Sean Covey

Recently added byRoseByer, rdahl, private library, DonnaKayModupe, HSGLibrary, ghsmediacenter
(32)

Every teen in America should read this book. Highly engaging. Lays it out in a way teens can understand. Humorous, conversational tone. Starts out by describing the 7 habits of highly defective teens (which is hilarious) and leaves no opening for a counter argument. Teens who really want to change their miserable circumstances will be able to if they buckle down with this book and commit to changing themselves. The book empowers them and attempts to convince them that only by changing themselves and their thinking can they hope to improve their lives. If they refuse to work on themselves, then no book will work. This one is their best hope. ( )
  valorrmac | May 15, 2018 |
Q2

This book helps teens be more effective in what they do, and you have to work on the first before the 2nd, 2nd before 3rd and so on. 1-3 is self-victory, 4-6 is public victory, 7 is refresh. The first habit is "Be Proactive", we are in charge, not others we choose to feel/do what we do/feel. The second habit is "Begin with the End in Mind", if we focus on what we do will help us on the right track. the third is "Put First Things First", put the most important things first. 4th is "Think Win-Win", if we think that everyone can win there will be the most benefits. 5th, "Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood", we need to understand before we can help. 6th, "Synergize" is a way to find a win-win answer but first you need to do 1-5. Finally 7, "sharpen the Saw", we have to take time to preform maintenance and refresh or it will all be in vain.

I gave this book 4 1/2 stars because it is good but not my preferred style of book. My favorite habit is "Sharpen the Saw" because sometimes I really need to take some to relax. The name of some is confusing, and some what Yoda-ish. I recommend this book to teens who feel they are not at their full potential. ( )
  NoahJ.B2 | Dec 26, 2017 |
"Sean trò chuyện với các bạn trẻ bằng một giọng văn vừa thú vị, vừa kích thích khả năng tư duy sáng tạo của họ. Thông điệp của ông gợi mở những con đường đi đến thành công. Tôi xin trân trọng giới thiệu cuốn sách này tới mọi người, đến tất cả những ai đang ấp ủ một ước mơ."

(John Gay)

"Những giá trị và nguyên tắc sống mà Sean đưa ra trong cuốn sách này rất cần thiết cho sự trưởng thành và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ ngày nay. Bạn càng sớm xây dựng những ý tưởng trong cuốn sách này sẽ giúp bạn làm điều đó."

(Mick Shannon - Giám đốc điều hành Children's Miracle Network)

"Bảy thói quen của bạn trẻ thành đạt" chứa đựng những chỉ dẫn rất thực tế và hữu ích cho bất kỳ ai, không chỉ với các bạn trẻ. Đó là đề ra những mục tiêu, ghi tạc vào trí nhớ của bạn đồng thời tập trung, phát triển khả năng chịu đựng để vượt qua những chặng đường khó khăn phía trước. Nếu làm như thế, bạn sẽ đạt được bất cứ mục tiêu nào".

(Tara Lipinski - Vô địch trượt băng nghệ thuật, Huy chương Vàng Olympic 1998)
  Phuong_Susu | May 4, 2016 |
This book provides great practical productivity tips but unfortunately gives horrendously relativistic, try-out-every-coworker's-religion, postmodern spiritual advice as well. ( )
  cemontijo | Jan 18, 2016 |
Awesome book. I got it thinking it was for adults to help them know how to parent teens, but it is actually written for teens. I want to have Alex read it. Even though it is probably written for kids a little older than her, most of it could apply now. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
To Mom
for all the lullabies
and late-night talks

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0684856093, Paperback)

Based on his father's bestselling The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Sean Covey applies the same principles to teens, using a vivacious, entertaining style. To keep it fun, Covey writes, he "stuffed it full of cartoons, clever ideas, great quotes, and incredible stories about real teens from all over the world... along with a few other surprises." Did he ever! Flip open to any page and become instantly absorbed in real-life stories of teens who have overcome obstacles to succeed, and step-by-step guides to shifting paradigms, building equity in "relationship bank accounts," creating action plans, and much more.

As a self-acknowledged guinea pig for many of his dad's theories, Sean Covey is a living example of someone who has taken each of the seven habits to heart: be proactive; begin with the end in mind; put first things first; think win-win; seek first to understand, then to be understood; synergize; and sharpen the saw. He includes a comical section titled "The 7 Habits of Highly Defective Teens," which includes some, shall we say, counterproductive practices: put first things last; don't cooperate; seek first to talk, then pretend to listen; wear yourself out... Covey's humorous and up-front style is just light enough to be acceptable to wary teenagers, and down-and-dirty enough to really make a difference. (Ages 13 and older) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:23 -0400)

Being a teenager is both wonderful and challenging. In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, author Sean Covey applies the timeless principles of the 7 Habits to teens and the tough issues and life-changing decisions they face. In an entertaining style, Covey provides a step-by-step guide to help teens improve self-image, build friendships, resist peer pressure, achieve their goals, get along with their parents, and much more. In addition, this book is stuffed with cartoons, clever ideas, great quotes, and incredible stories about real teens from all over the world. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens will engage teenagers unlike any other book. An indispensable book for teens, as well as parents, grandparents, and any adult who influences young people, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens is destined to become the last word on surviving and thriving as a teen and beyond.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,695,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible