On the Other Side of the Hill by Roger Lea…
383None28,489 (3.69)1

The series starts to wander in this book, and I was growing past the intended audience age, so for ten years this was where I stopped reading the series.
Now that I am going back through all my childhood books I am curious to finish this series. If I remember correctly, Rose's family is forced to move off the farm after a series of small disasters and live in town. ( )
  makaiju | Dec 3, 2007 |
(For some reason the Rainmakers' song "The Other Side of the World" has been running through my head ever since I picked up this book.) This is the fourth book of The Rocky Ridge Years series, chronicling the life of Rose Wilder in the 1890's. It's another book that's enjoyable to read, though not compelling. It's good waiting room material. Reading a straightforward biography of Rose Wilder Lane might be quicker than reading through this series, but I think this way is a lot more fun. ( )
  Hamburgerclan | Nov 9, 2006 |
One exciting thing after another happens at Rocky Ridge farm, but not all the excitement is good. A small cyclone does not cause much damage, nor does a fire, but they do cause Mama and Papa to realize that things will be tight if they stay on the farm. The family resolves that they will move to town and Papa will get a job while they wait for the apples to ripen. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Nov 5, 2006 |
To my sisters Patricia and Pamela, whom I called Pots and Pans when we were all younger than Rose in this book. Never mind what they called me!
In the inky blackness just behind Rose Wilder, a foot stepped on a twig with a loud crack.

The Little House books have captivated generations of readers with theirstory of the little pioneer girt Laura Ingalls growing up on the American frontier. Now the Little House story continues with The Rocky Ridge Years, books that tell the story of Laura and Almanzo Wilder's daughter, Rose.

The first three books in the series, Little House On Rocky Ridge, Little Farm In the Ozarks, and In the Land of the Big Red Apple, describe the Wilders' covered-wagon journey to Missouri and their first two years in their new farmhouse. On The Other Side of the Hill continues their story as the young Wilder family struggles to overcome a series of natural disasters that beset their little farm.

On The Other Side of the Hill continues the story that Laura Ingalls Wilder began more than sixty years ago -- a story whose wonder and adventure have charmed millions of readers.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:49 -0400)

In the early 1900s, young Rose Wilder and her parents struggle with a series of natural disasters on their farm in Missouri.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible