Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London

Froggy Goes to School

by Jonathan London

Series: Froggy

There is a whole series of Froggy books. In this book, Froggy is going to school the first time and we get to experience what it is like to get ready for school. The Froggy series is big on onomatopoeia. ( )
  Mlfjeld | Feb 8, 2019 |
Froggy is nervous for the first day of school and tries to pull himself together before the big day, ( )
  cms143 | Nov 20, 2018 |
I liked this book for two reasons. First, I like the language of the book because it followed a pattern. Every time, Froggy, the main character, goes somewhere the author writes “flop flop flop” so the readers know he is hopping like frogs do. I also like the language of the book because whenever a character says Froggy’s name it is written in colorful, large, uppercase letters and drawn out to emphasize how the character is saying it. For example, when Froggy’s father wakes him up for school he says “FRRROOGGY!...Rise and shine, Froggy. It’s the first day of school.” I also liked this book because Froggy’s character is believable. Froggy is a character who is starting school for the first time and first he is a little nervous because he has a bad dream, but then he is excited to start school. He is believable because most children are very excited to start going to school, but may be a little nervous at first. Many readers can relate to Froggy. For example, to prove to his mother that he was excited to start school, Froggy said “Not me!” when his mother told him that everybody is nervous for the first day of school. Overall, the main idea of this story is to encourage students that it is alright to be somewhat anxious to start school, but that they should be excited because it is welcoming and inviting. This is evident when Froggy gets to school and he sees the principal coming into the classroom. He’s afraid that he will get in trouble for teaching the class how to swim, but the principal “glared at him…then he joined in.” The principal and Froggy’s teacher were friendly and welcoming so Froggy felt better about going to school. ( )
  jbaker31 | Mar 21, 2017 |
Come along with Froggy as he goes through one of his first days of school! A story about what to expect when going to school, readers will learning about the ways school can be fun. I would use this book for first through third grade students. ( )
  Christopher_279 | Mar 18, 2017 |
froggy goes to their first day of school. he's nervous but decides that school isn't too bad.
3 books
  TUCC | Nov 21, 2016 |

I would read this book to my 1st grader students. It talks about what happens when frogs go to school. explains how much the frog enjoys at school and encourages our students to continue to come to school.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0590066935, Paperback)

Is Froggy nervous about the first day of school? Well, just a little. First he has a terrible nightmare, dreaming that he almost misses the bus and shows up at school in his underwear. Then when he does wake up, he drops the milk just as he's about to pour some on his bowl of flies! Finally Froggy makes it out the door, leapfrogging the whole way, eager for all the challenges that await him in this comical, brightly illustrated tale of a daunting-but-rewarding first day at school.

Terrific for reading aloud, this is another winner in the Froggy series--including Froggy Gets Dressed, Froggy Learns to Swim, and Froggy Plays Soccer. Zip, zoop, zup are the sounds of Froggy getting dressed, and when he has to go somewhere, it's flop, flop, flop all the way. Our 5-year-old assistant reviewer had fun imitating Froggy and friends, shouting out "Frrrooggyy!" and "Wha-a-a-a-t?" at all the appropriate times. Kids will relate to the trials of the good-natured amphibian who makes lots of mistakes--he yells too loud, interrupts, and has trouble paying attention. With the support of his gentle teacher, however, he soon gets the hang of things. Before long, funny Froggy has the class, and the principal, laughing and singing along with him. All in all, he has a successful day--until he comes home to discover he's left his lunch box and cap at school! "Oh, Froggy. Will you ever learn?" said his mother. "That's why I'm going to school, Mom!" Froggy replies, with a big hop and a grin. (Ages 3 to 6) --Marianne Painter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:31 -0400)

Froggy is nervous about his first day of school, but, even though it's hard to sit still, he has a wonderful time.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,476,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible