Roxaboxen (1991)

by Alice McLerran

Other authors: Barbara Cooney (Illustrator)

A hill covered with rocks and wooden boxes becomes an imaginary town for Marian, her sisters, and their friends.

In college now but I read this as a child and thought of it the other day when walking around my old elementary school. I can still remember trying to make my own Roxaboxen with my friends at the playground. Like the kids in the story, I won't forget about Roxaboxen and plan on sharing the story with my own children someday.
  roseandisabella | Mar 18, 2022 |
I miss these "imagination" days as a kid. I like the book for the nostalgia it causes. ( )
  Seayla2020 | Aug 22, 2021 |
Much like The Egypt Game, but written for a younger audience, this is a kid's picture book that harkens back to a time when kids used their imaginations to play games, rather than a computer program and game player. Decent illustrations. I did not love this book as much as my GR friends, Brigid and Nenia. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
It was about a bunch of kids who came up with their own town, and called it Roxaboxen. I️ loved it, it was a great incorporation into my storybox.
  Remi.Kauffman | Oct 31, 2019 |

McLerran, Aliceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cooney, BarbaraIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,280,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible