Cat To The Dogs by Shirley Rousseau Murphy

Cat To The Dogs

by Shirley Rousseau Murphy

Series: Joe Grey (5)

201583,323 (4.05)3

loved loved loved this book. talking crime solving cats, multiple plots, etc. just the coolest book ever! first of her books and I will definitely read more!!!! ( )
  lhaines56 | Jan 30, 2016 |
I like a cat as a detective. So sue me. ( )
  Greymowser | Jan 22, 2016 |
Cat to the Dogs (#5 of the Joe Grey series) begins with a car crash and two large puppies. As Joe and Dulcie investigate, they also must deal with a widow's family. Not surprisingly all these threads are related and the cats solve the mystery first.

This volume is marginally better than the last. The humans actually play a minimal role, so the cats and 2 large puppies are front and center. Sadly the puppies don't talk and do little more than make messes. As for Joe and Dulcie, while they talk, it seems as if the author is a bit uncomfortable with her talking cats as, low and behold, there is another talking cat!

I'm feeling very sad about this series -- I think it has potential with a cat-owning guy, a handy-woman girlfriend, and two likable cats, but nothing much has come of any of this. ( )
  LMHTWB | Jul 6, 2014 |
First book I've read by this author but I'll be reading the rest of them. Not great literature but not intellectually insulting and I love the realistic perspective of the talking cats; not a bad mystery, either. ( )
  tehanu | May 16, 2014 |
neat book. liked the premise of the cats speaking human. very fresh. ( )
  JanetArmentani | Jul 25, 2013 |
A pretty little dear she was, but her wanted to know too much. There was fields down along as wasn't liked. No one cared much about working there. Y'see, 'twas all elder there, and there was a queer wind used to blow there most times, and sounded like someone talking it would.

From "Tibb's Cat and the Apple-Tree Man,"
Katherine M. Briggs and Ruth L. Tongue,
Folktales of England
Foe every cat strange and different and unusually wise about the world. And for every human who wonders at their cat's sly and secret wisdom.

For Lucy, ELT, and Toby, and always, of course, for my husband, Patrick J. Murphy.
Fog lay so thick in Hellhag Canyon that Joe Grey couldn't see his paws, could barely see the dead wood rat he carried dangling from his sharp teeth.

The greenlaws family, including shamas married to Lucinda

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061059889, Mass Market Paperback)

A recent earthquake was only the beginning of the big trouble that plagues Molena Point, California. Joe Grey may be merely a cat, but he's already solved more murders than your average human detective, and he knows the "accident" on Hellhag Hill was anything but. Unfortunately Joe's somewhat erratic, if lovable, owner Clyde thinks cats should keep their paws out of police work, and locks Joe and his feline lady friend Dulcie out of the house when Officer Max Harper pays a social call.

But Joe can be a very stubborn tomcat when he sets his mind to it. And he's not about to give up the hunt. A killer needs to be apprehended, and Joe Grey's just the cat for the job -- especially since the humans who should be on the case don't seem to have a clue.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:34 -0400)

Tomcat Joe Grey suspects foul play when he spies the severed brake line under a wrecked car and sets out with fetching fellow feline Dulcie to lead the police to the killer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,925,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible