It Came from Beneath the Sink! by R. L.…

It Came from Beneath the Sink!

by R. L. Stine

#30 "It's warm! It's breathing! And it doesn't do dishes!"
Something is lurking under the sink in Kat's new house. Something her nightmares are made of. Something dark and scary... What can it be? ( )
  TheReadingMermaid | Oct 17, 2018 |
It has long been my desire to read through all of the Goosebump books. This desire was borne out of a love of them as a child, but for whatever reason I never got through all of them. Off and on I've been wanting to, the old tug of desire returning, but I never really committed to it. Until now. So, fellow GoodReaders, I'm sorry but your updates will be full of my musings about a series for children as I work my way through all 62 original titles.

I might do Goosebump 2000 after. I don't know. It depends on how I feel at the end.

Anyway, reading the series has put me through some seriously terrible books. Every now and then, though, a true gem emerges that manages to surprise and disturb me a little. Even with the hokey endings, now and then I'm shocked by the level of horror injected into a kid's book. This book was one such book, and an utter delight. [b: It Came From Beneath the Sink!|125536|It Came from Beneath the Sink! (Goosebumps, #30)|R.L. Stine|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1328867791s/125536.jpg|120901] was a surprisingly creepy, good kid's horror novel. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

The idea is that a creature is found.... beneath the sink that creates and feeds on bad luck. No matter what you do, it will always come back and it will be with you until you die. How the characters react, how they discover this and deal with it, is an utter delight. The creature is purely evil, and purely creepy. There's something so alien about it in the descriptions, so malevolent, that is became truly captivating.

This wasn't by any means a masterpiece of literature, but for a Goosebump book it truly rose above the crowd. Good going [a: R.L. Stine|13730|R.L. Stine|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1194380070p2/13730.jpg], this one was awesome. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
It Came From Beneath the Sink isn’t one of R.L. Stines best books, but it was still a fun read. I couldn’t put it down. I wanted to know what kind of bad luck Kat would have next. I gave it three stars because I liked it, but it wasn’t as creepy as some of the other Goosebumps books I’ve read. As I’ve been re-reading them, I’ve noticed that even as an adult some of them are actually a little creepy. This wasn’t one of them, but I still really enjoyed it. ( )
  TheTreeReader | Feb 3, 2018 |
This was good. I love a good goosebumps book. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
This was good. I love a good goosebumps book. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |

An evil creature called the Sponge appears to be an ordinary kitchen sponge, but thrives on human bad luck, which it deliberately causes and then sucks up while refusing to do the dishes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,234,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible