Betty Crocker's Cooky Book (1963)

by Betty Crocker

Everybody Loves Cookies! Crispy, chewy, crunchy or chocolaty, cookies are always a favorite. This cookie book is filled to the brim with scrumptious recipes, from sweet treats to delight your family to dainty, delicious bites perfect for sharing with friends. You'll find plenty of great new recipes and ideas, plus the most sought-after, tried-and-true classics to satisfy any cookie craving. Packed with gorgeous photos so you can see exactly what you're making, it's the only cookie book you'll ever need! You'll find the best cookies for: Chocoholic Choices _ Triple Chocolate Brownies, Fudgy Layer Squares, Outrageous Double Chocolate -- White Chocolate Chunk CookiesHoliday Supreme -- Magic Window Cookies, Gingerbread Village, SnowflakesElegant Occasions -- Brandy Snap Cups, Lemon Tea Biscuits, Cappuccino-Pistachio ShortbreadCookie Jar Classics -- Toasted Oatmeal Cookies, Deluxe Chocolate Chip Cookies, Soft Molasses CookiesKid's Ultimate -- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, Cookie Pizza, Dream Bars… (more)

LOVE this book.... ( )
  LenoreR | Jun 5, 2018 |
This book is a keeper for anyone who loves homemade cookies....
or loves looking at them!

Produced in 2002, it is a facsimile edition of a General Mills 1963 release.
It really is a heritage cookbook (original pictures and recipes), paying tribute to an era.

The reader can feel free to modify according to today's ingredients and eating patterns. ( )
  pennsylady | Jan 23, 2016 |
My mother had the original 1963 version of this book, I swiped it from her cookbook shelf when I left home in 1972, and I used it so much over the years that the covers fell off and half the pages fell out. I'm delighted to find that it's been reissued, and I can't wait to start baking my favorite cookies again. ( )
  soror_peregrina | May 6, 2012 |
It was a great pleasure to find the re-issue of this 1963 classic cookie book, my mother's go-to resource for all things cookie. Just seeing the cover brings back a flood of memories. I remember making decorated Christmas and Easter cookies, and Mom creating holiday gift boxes of dozens of assorted cookies from the book. I associate it with snickerdoodles, gingersnaps, peanut butter cookies, freezer cookies, cherry-filled heart cookies and butterscotch lace cookies. Most fun, I remember making storybook cookies from page 56, painting little Scottie dogs and funny cats with egg yolk paint. This cookbook is a sweet walk down memory lane. ( )
  LaurelMildred | Jul 30, 2009 |
I remember my mom making cookies from this book. This was her book and was published in 1963. I loved reading the recipes and seeing the marks she made next to the cookies she made.
There are recipes in here that I have never even seen before. This book is great for all levels of bakers. The beginning goes over some basic utensils, measuring and even some hints. I highly enjoyed seeing the variations to many of the recipes in the book, just by adding a different spice or adding nuts.
The best part of the book for me was the section called Betty Crocker's Best Cookies. My version has the best cooky of certain 10 year or 5 year periods starting at 1880. I enjoyed reading the blurb about the cookie and the historical highlights of events that happened during those periods.
So if you need a new cookie recipe or just want to find an old favorite then check out Betty Crocker's Cooky Book!! ( )
  crazy4reading | Jan 28, 2009 |

Betty Crockerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mulvany, EricIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Who doesn't like cookies ... they're fun to eat, easily portable and always a crowd-pleaser.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,296,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible