The incredible journey of Lewis and Clark by…

The incredible journey of Lewis and Clark

by Rhoda Blumberg

Describes the expedition led by Lewis and Clark to explore the unknown western regions of America at the beginning of the nineteenth century.

This book explores Lewis and Clark's travels across the current United States. Prior to their trip we had no maps or knowledge of what was to our west. Lewis and Clark were sent to travel to the Pacific Ocean. In 1803 we knew nothing about our current state and everything in between.
  mercedeslillian | Mar 18, 2017 |
Genre: Historical Nonfiction

Summary: It gives the back story of how Lewis and Clark prepared for this journey, who helped them and what they needed, then gives a detailed account of their journey and who they encountered along the way, focusing on the Native Americans that they meet with.

Setting: The places Lewis and Clark journeyed across and the time period of their exploration is most essential to this book because it is an informational text about their discoveries in America. ( )
  hannahmunger | Apr 15, 2012 |
A book about the expidition of Lewis and Clark in the 19th century. Being from the Pacific Northwest this was a great historical read. ( )
  cassinolan | Jun 6, 2011 |
This book describes the expedition led by Lewis and Clark to explore the unknown western regions of America at the beginning of the nineteenth century.
  mrindt | Feb 19, 2011 |
I liked this book, because being new to the northwest, it's fun to hear and learn about the history of where i live now. It is also nice to hear a different style story than the typical history story book.
  paraespanol | Nov 29, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,199,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible