Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

Extreme Exposure

by Pamela Clare

Series: I-Team (1)

3361950,984 (3.96)10
Sparks fly when a hardboiled reporter meets a handsome senator. But a political scandal-and attempts on her life-could drive them apart. Or maybe adversity could draw them into a bond even more intense than their steamy sexual embraces.

English (17)  Korean (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (19)
Excellent read, investigative reporter, single mom finds herself involved with sexy Senator while investigatingi environamental crimes. Funny, real, engaging. ( )
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
5 stars!

I've been a little into romantic suspense books lately and wanted to try a different author. It turned out really well, because I loved this ons :)
Won't say too much about it. But if you like these kind of books, this is a must read! ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Book #1 in the I-Team series
3 Stars

Synopsis:
Kara McMillan is an investigative journalist juggling her career with being a single mother and beginning a spicy relationship with sexy State Senator, Reece Sheridan. Kara soon finds herself embroiled in the story of the century when a whistle blower comes to her with evidence of environmental pollution, corrupt politicians, murder and conspiracy. Soon, the death threats begin and Kara must learn quickly who she can trust before she ends up dead.

Review:
A good plot premise that is quite different from the usual romantic suspense fare and made me think of the movie Erin Brockovich. However, the tense situations seem contrived and I rarely found myself holding my breath in anticipation (one particularly intense scene does come to mind). The red herrings are also way too obvious, which makes it very easy to follow the clues to the identity of the secret conspirator.

The characters are intelligent and well developed – I especially enjoyed their witty dialogue. Nevertheless, I found the hero to be too perfect and the recurring descriptions of his sexiness, emotions, inner thoughts and culinary abilities become tedious. Moreover, his absolute perfection overshadows his connection to the heroine, and their relationship, although sweet and romantic, lacks that extra emotional pull that would make it completely captivating. The heroine is spunky, opinionated and easy to like but she does certain things that are inconsistent with her characterization.

Recommendation: This is a well-written and worthwhile read but it did not leave me with that satisfied feeling. I have heard good things about the next book in the series so have decided to give it another chance. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
I had no expectations when I read this book and really liked it. It was very breastfeeding friendly which was an unexpected surprise. Don't let this scare you off, it's only talked about in a couple of very small parts. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
I've had this book on my TBR for the better part of a year and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up sooner. Kara is determined to balance her life as an investigative reporter and a single mother. She's very good at her job, but the long hours and short notice demands make it difficult to always "be there" for Connor, her little boy. I thought the author did a great job capturing Kara's feelings of being torn and showed us the day to day turmoil working moms are faced with. Kara's life gets even more hectic when she receives a tip about the Northrup Company falsifying reports and violating EPA rules. Toxic dust and other contaminates are being pumped into the air and dumped into the ground water, putting the community at risk. She launches her investigation and the threatening calls begin right on cue.

There is so much to like about this book! We have a corrupt corporation, dangerous criminals, the jerk ex-boyfriend and a gaggle of girlfriends. Kara's mom is a hoot and I hope we'll hear from her again in the series. Our hero, Reece, is a Senator who has known Kara professionally for some time. They hit it off one night over drinks (a few too many drinks for Kara). Instead of taking advantage of the situation, he's the perfect gentlemen and gives her a ride home. He does manage to ask her out though. I loved the scenes between Reece and Connor! I didn't expect there to be such a sense of family, but I enjoyed it very much. The action, investigation and suspense were all woven together neatly and allowed for smooth transitions that were a delight to read. By the halfway point, I was falling through the pages. I highly recommend this book! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |

Pamela Clareprimary authorall editionscalculated
Griffith, KaleoReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pollastro, MarilisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tolila, IsabelleTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to the more than 1,400 American journalists who’ve died, mostly through assassination and murder, while trying to expose the truth. Their names are inscribed on the Freedom Forum Journalists Memorial in Arlington, Virginia, a landmark to democracy’s often overlooked heroes.
Kara McMillan was going to kil her best friend.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,851,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible