The Hard Way (Jack Reacher Novels) by Lee…

The Hard Way (Jack Reacher Novels) (2006)

by Lee Child

Series: Jack Reacher (10)

The Rescue by Steven Konkoly (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Another reviewer compared this novel to Child's "Jack Reacher" novels, but said Reacher is a more complex character than Decker.

English (61)  Dutch (3)  German (1)  All languages (65)
This has been one of my favourite Jack Reacher books so far, even though I figured out much of the twisty plot before Jack did. ( )
1 vote CharlotteBurt | Nov 24, 2018 |
I really just picked this up for a reading challenge but once i started this i could not put it down. My first Reacher book and i LOVED IT!!!!!

I did realize who the bad guy was quite fast which wasn’t what i typically like. The amount of detail in this book was amazing. I felt like i knew everything and was there when it was taking place. The book kept my attention the whole time which is saying a lot since i am easily distracted. This book almost reminded me of a James Bond type movie…..
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Another thoroughly fun read. I always choose a Reacher story when I have a train ride, want a fast read and know I will enjoy the story for what it is. This is not great literature but always a good ride. Enjoy!
  melanieklo | Jul 25, 2018 |
My first Jack Reacher novel, but not my last. Lots of action, right from the beginning. I liked the characters, particularly Jack Reacher's character. I also liked all of the twists and turns in the storyline. Some of them were expected, but some were not. Definitely fun to read. ( )
  jguidry | Jun 1, 2018 |
Another Jack Reacher novel. Enough said. ( )
  dickmanikowski | Jan 31, 2018 |

Child, Leeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Abergel, FrédéricTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bellis, AndersTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pott, JanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jack Reacher ordered espresso, double, no peel, no cube, foam cup, no china, and before it arrived at his table he saw a man's life change forever.
Please do not combine Lee Child's 13th Jack Reacher novel, Gone Tomorrow with his 10th Jack Reacher novel, The Hard Way. The ISBN 376450238X is used for both Gone Tomorrow and for Way Out, the German translation of The Hard Way. Thank you.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440241030, Mass Market Paperback)

In Lee Child’s astonishing new thriller, ex–military cop Reacher sees more than most people would...and because of that, he’s thrust into an explosive situation that’s about to blow up in his face. For the only way to find the truth—and save two innocent lives—is to do it the way Jack Reacher does it best: the hard way….

Jack Reacher was alone, the way he liked it, soaking up the hot, electric New York City night, watching a man cross the street to a parked Mercedes and drive it away. The car contained one million dollars in ransom money. And Edward Lane, the man who paid it, will pay even more to get his family back. Lane runs a highly illegal soldiers-for-hire operation. He will use any amount of money and any tool to find his beautiful wife and child. And then he’ll turn Jack Reacher loose with a vengeance—because Reacher is the best man hunter in the world.

On the trail of a vicious kidnapper, Reacher is learning the chilling secrets of his employer’s past…and of a horrific drama in the heart of a nasty little war. He’s beginning to realize that Edward Lane is hiding something. Something dirty. Something big. But Reacher also knows this: he’s already in way too deep to stop now.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:01 -0400)

In Lee Child's astonishing new thriller, ex-military cop Reacher sees more than most people would, and because of that, he's thrust into an explosive situation that's about to blow up in his face. For the only way to find the truth, and save two innocent lives, is to do it the way Jack Reacher does it best: the hard way. Jack Reacher was alone, the way he liked it, soaking up the hot, electric New York City night, watching a man cross the street to a parked Mercedes and drive it away....… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,373,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible