What Was I Scared of?

by Dr. Seuss

8191419,166 (3.99)2
The narrator is frightened by a pair of pale green pants with no one inside that seems to be following him, until the two meet and discover that they have nothing to fear. Features illustrations that glow in the dark.

This is a must have for any younger child that is afraid of the dark. My five year old Son loves this! Especially the glow in the dark elements! ( )
  Christina_Oliver | May 21, 2019 |
it was just ok ( )
  longhorndaniel | Jul 19, 2017 |
What was I Scared of? is a unique story about facing your fears. I really enjoy this book because it is an entertaining read with a fun rhyme scheme. The one thing that I don’t really enjoy about this book is how outlandish the character is that plays the object of fear. Dr. Seuss uses a pair of pants with nobody inside them. However that element could be something that children find humorous. “I lost my Grin-itch spinach But I didn’t even care. I ran for home! Believe me, I really has a scare. Now, bicycles were never made For pale green pants to ride ‘em, Especially spooky pale green pants With nobody inside ‘em.” I love how Dr. Suess uses nonsense words with no meaning such as “Grin-itch.” It can be used to test students sight reading skills. It also makes for an enjoyable reading experience. Again, the rhyme scheme is easy and can be used to practice flow. The story is playful and imaginative and also teaches a lesson while building reading skills. ( )
  mdaly6 | Mar 29, 2017 |
a fun book about a little boy getting over his fears
1 book
  TUCC | Jan 23, 2017 |
GR: M
GL: 1.5
DRA: 24
Lexile: 530L
  Infinityand1 | Aug 4, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,681,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible