The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene

The Secret of the Old Clock

by Carolyn Keene

Series: Nancy Drew (1)

I absolutely loved Nancy Drew growing up. This was a series I latched on to for dear life and never let go. Anytime my mom and I would go to antique stores, we'd peruse the Nancy Drews and add them to the collection (oftentimes my mom had to make deals with me on how many I could buy). So, while I don't remember the exact details of each and every one, the entire series was amazing and really fed my love for reading (especially novels full of suspense and mystery). Thank you, Carolyn Keene, for giving us an intelligent female character to fall in love with in Nancy Drew! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
It's funny... as much as I've loved and admired Nancy Drew, I've never actually read any of the original books. When I was younger, I loved to play the Nancy Drew interactive games, adored the Nancy Drew movie starring Emma Roberts, and read numerous new-age Nancy Drew novels. However, never did I bother with the original series for some reason...

But now I have!!! This first book was a very enjoyable introduction to a timeless collection. While the writing is stiff and the story predictable, I understand that it is a children's story belonging to a different time. I really enjoyed getting to know Nancy's true origins and look forward to reading more about her in the future! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
The Secret of the Old Clock is the first book in the popular Nancy Drew Series. This is a good chapter book for teaching lessons about mystery novels. Students in 2nd grade or higher would enjoy reading this novel. ( )
  tayburnett | Apr 19, 2018 |
This is exactly what I was looking for to continue my fluff mystery audiobooks for the car. It was cheesy and fun just like I expected it to be. I loved that the mystery wasn't a who done it but just that, a mystery. There was not a lot of twists and turns but since this is the first Nancy Drew book, I'm guessing Keene just wanted readers to get an idea of Nancy and the settings for her mysteries. By the end of the first disc, I had a feeling what the solution was going to be but this time I really didn't mind. I wanted mindless fluff and I got it. I really want to continue listening to these in the car. ( )
  IntrovertedBooks | Mar 26, 2018 |
no matter how paper thin the plots are or how under-developed the characters are to me now, I still love these books. When I was young I wanted to be Nancy Drew (she was actually 4th or 5th in line of characters I wanted to be...). ( )
  eyelit | Mar 21, 2018 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Benson, Mildred WirtAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Paretsky, SaraIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
[1930 edition] It would be a shame if all that money went to the Tophams!
[1959 edition] Nancy Drew, an attractive girl of eighteen, was driving home along a country road in her new, dark-blue convertible.

Nancy Drew's keen mind is tested when she searches for a missing will.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:34 -0400)

Nancy Drew's keen mind is tested when she searches for a missing will.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,800,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible