HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Lost Light (2003)

by Michael Connelly

Series: Harry Bosch Universe (11)

The vision has haunted him for four years--a young woman lying crumpled in death, her hand outstretched in silent supplication. Harry Bosch was taken off the Angella Benton murder case when the production assistant's death was linked with the violent theft of two million dollars from a movie set. Both files were never closed. Now retired from the L.A.P.D., Bosch is determined to find justice for Angella. Without a badge to open doors and strike fear into the guilty, he's on his own. And even in the face of an opponent more powerful and ruthless than any he's ever encountered, Bosch is not backing down.… (more)

English (72)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (76)
Maybe my favorite so far. Wow, it was good!

rjdycus | Dec 19, 2022 |
What? A happy ending for Harry? Nahhh, can't happen. But I guess there will be more about this in the next book. But whether the ending is happy or not, I still enjoyed the book - but then, I'm a fan. I even have the Amazon Prime playlist for the show. ( )
  MartyFried | Oct 9, 2022 |
There are definitely problems with this novel (0% body fat on one character, inconsistent use of the term "holy shit case" as it was defined a book or two ago), but overall I find Bosch's evolution in this one quite interesting, and the first person viewpoint makes a huge difference in the hardboiled detective's approachability as a character. I like how we get to see how this very insightful character has such a blind spot about himself. ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Sep 23, 2022 |
Romanzo complicato. Harry Bosch lascia la polizia e diviene un investigatore privato. Incappa in un suo vecchio caso che gli era stato tolto e i vecchi rancori tornano a galla. Per sfuggire i federali si rifugia a Las Vegas dalla sua ex, Eleanor Wish, che lo aiuta ma lo tiene a una certa distanza.
Incuriosito dai cambiamenti e dall'atteggiamento di Eleanor alla fine Harry avrà una sorpresa: l'incontro con Madeline, la sua bimba di 4 anni. ( )
  Lillymao | Aug 4, 2022 |

Brendan
Connor
Callie
Rachel
There is no end of things in the heart.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446611638, 0446699527, 1586214896, 1586214888, 0316711179

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,770,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible