First the Egg (2007)

by Laura Vaccaro Seeger

A picture book about transformations.

Lovely pictures, and a fun guessing game, too! ( )
  AnnaWaffles | Aug 28, 2020 |
"First the Egg" by Laura Seeger is a book with not many words. This book shows the relationship between things and what they start as to what they grow to become, for example, an egg to a chicken, a a caterpillar to a butterfly, a word to a story, and paint to a picture. In the end of the book it comes full circle, illustrating a chicken laying an egg. Although simple, this picture book highlights transformation, from something that seems small and meaningless to something beautiful and meaningful. ( )
  leahspurgeon | Jan 22, 2020 |
This is a very interesting book that i actually enjoyed. It for me signifies how one thing so small can turn into something much bigger. for example from the book how just one word begins an entire story. how something as simple as seed can become a flower. It to me shows the beauty of life, and how everything comes from something so little. ( )
  D.Patzan | Sep 18, 2019 |
"First The Egg" tells the story of transformation through beautiful pictures. The vibrant illustrations show what comes next for an egg, tadpole, seed, caterpillar, word, paint and a chicken. The book answers the old question, "What came first the chicken or the egg?" I enjoyed reading this book to a kindergarten class because they liked guessing what would come next. I asked them the question what actually comes first the chicken or the egg? This started a heated discussion and we all agreed that it is a mystery. ( )
  eniehaus | Sep 3, 2019 |
Top 100 pick because:

As far as concept books go, 'First Came the Egg' manages to create a more complex conceptual narrative while using minimal text and illustration. There's something about the way it is presented that is both clever and stupidly simple regarding the flow and sequencing of the book. It is unlike most of my other top picks, but I just had to put this one in. ( )
  EMiMIB | Jul 14, 2019 |
for Chris
First the EGG

A picture book about transformations.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,559,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible