Catch Of The Day by Kristan Higgins

Catch Of The Day

by Kristan Higgins

Series: Gideon's Cove (book 1)

Maggie Beaumont's luck is about to change. Sure, she's known for her bad romantic choices-her former boyfriend broke up with her by bringing his new girlfriend home for a visit. And then there was the crush she had on a gorgeous young Irishman, who turned out to be Father Tim, the parish's new priest. But romantic salvation has arrived in the form of handsome, if surly, fisherman Malone. It turns out there's a heart of gold underneath his barnacle-clad exterior. Will this catch of the day turn into the dish of a lifetime?… (more)
Recently added byrena75, Moochiekabuchi, private library, NafizaMaruzeh, Senriel, impatienke

Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Xe Sands
Gideon’s Cove #1

5 Stars - Why-oh-why did I wait so long to read this book! I let a few negative reviews hold me back.. so silly of me! Kristan Higgins always delivers! And pairing that with the excellent narration of Xe Sands!!! It's a big win in my book!

This story is written in first person and therefore you don't get to see much of Malone’s point of view.. but as much as I love hearing the hero’s side of it, this doesn't detract from the sparks factor. The minute Malone is in the scene goosebumps breakout down my arms.. ooh yeah!

Now Maggie did do a couple of odd things in this story.. which personally, I would never do.. but hey, each to their own right?? She has a twin sister and I love, Love, LOVE it when their “mate” is the only person that can tell them apart!! Malone was a man of very few words but he still made his presence known. I am just left sighing here while I write this.

On a side note… Xe Sands has one of the sexiest male voices ever, and considering she's a woman.. I just gotta say well done! I love her narrations.

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
of course I hate the first person present tense style, but dammit, Kristan Higgins! you know exactly how to make me tear up the perfect amount, shed 2 or 3 tears, make me smile and ache with your lead characters, and then leave me with what I fondly call the Big Goofy Grin. I just can't stop reading these books. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
A feisty funny owner of a diner who feels she's on the cusp of spinsterhood finds love right under her nose. I love the humor in this book! ( )
  mjolorenz | Jun 30, 2017 |
Audiobook
Excellent narration
The story had some great characters but I didn't get why the MC was such an idiot. She lacked common sense and just acted ridiculous in bits. I really liked the side characters, loved Malone he didn't play the drama game, didn't gossip or spend days talking about others. There was a lot of gossip in this small town which is expected but shouldn't this girl learn to shut it ? It was just her bits here and there that irked me taking 1 star off my rating.
Warning pet death ( )
  TheYodamom | May 19, 2017 |
The first chapter of this book (and parts thereafter) had me laughing so hard I nearly cried! And I really didn't think I was going to warm up to the hero at all but I soooooo did! :)

Kristan Higgins' books are full of laugh-out-loud hilarity and breathless romance! "Real" heroes and heroines and heartwarming family round out the mix.

A note to my Christian fiction followers: this is not Christian fiction. Read it accordingly. :) ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |

Kristan Higginsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sands, XeReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, TantorPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hahn, AnnetteÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Olsthoorn, Reneesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,820,627 books! | Top bar: Always visible