The Broken Jug (1806)

by Heinrich von Kleist

This is a reproduction of a book published before 1923. This book may have occasional imperfections such as missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. that were either part of the original artifact, or were introduced by the scanning process. We believe this work is culturally important, and despite the imperfections, have elected to bring it back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works worldwide. We appreciate your understanding of the imperfections in the preservation process, and hope you enjoy this valuable book. ++++ The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to ensure edition identification: ++++ Der Zerbrochne Krug: Ein Lustspiel Heinrich von Kleist Stage, 1814 Literary Criticism; European; German; Drama / Continental European; Literary Criticism / European / German… (more)
Recently added byDGSBiblio, Bort, Akascha21, untermond, TonyDib, GavHouls, YuanWu, mpf
Legacy LibrariesAstrid Lindgren

English (3)  Dutch (1)  All languages (4)
Based on Heinrich von Kleist's 1808 dramatic comedy. The audiobook is hilarious and highly recommended. ( )
  TonyDib | Jan 28, 2022 |
I read this book in a German language class in Austria so I missed some of the details because my German was not on par with my English. At the same time I was able to understand a lot of the between-the-lines analogies and allusions to Christianity that the author weaved into the story. It's definitely a thinking book but I highly recommend both for its insight-fulness and outright humor. I've actually seen this performed as a play, which is what the author originally intended, and innuendo aside it is absolutely hilarious. I'm sure that reading it in English will prove even more funny. ( )
  MonicaMusik | Sep 24, 2012 |
in Urfassung mit ausdehntem Schluss - wirkt aber sonderbarerweise nur auf der Bühne ( )
  moricsala | Dec 6, 2006 |

Kleist, Heinrich vonAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Menzel, AdolphIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Licht. Ei, was zum Henker, sagt, Gevatter Adam!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,965,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible