Kill Bill: Volume 1 [film] (2003)

by Quentin Tarantino (Director/Screenwriter)

Other authors: David Carradine (Actor), Sonny Chiba (Actor), Julie Dreyfus (Actor), Vivica A. Fox (Actor), Daryl Hannah (Actor)8 more, Bernard Herrmann (Composer), Chiaki Kuriyama (Actor), Lucy Liu (Actor), Michael Madsen (Actor), Sally Menke, Michael Parks (Actor), RZA (Composer), Uma Thurman (Actor)

Series: Kill Bill (1)

Four years after taking a bullet in the head at her own wedding, the bride emerges from a coma and decides it's time for payback ... with a vengeance. Having been gunned down by her former boss and his deadly squad of international assassins, it's a kill-or-be-killed fight. She didn't start this deadly series of events, but she is determined to finish the business.… (more)

Assassins from the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad (devas?) attack a wedding party to kill all in attendance. The pregnant bride survives and after a four-year coma, her baby gone, sets out for revenge.

This is an action film with cinematic fight scenes to the extreme. Thrown in are weird dialog at spots, unusual characters and situational humor.

The story is decent, the cinematography is good, but the excessive violence gets in the way of the movie, IMHO. But that won't stop me from seeing vol. 2.

I found the 'making of' in the extras is worth watching. ( )
  Nodosaurus | May 23, 2020 |
vol. 1
  ewajoanna | Aug 27, 2017 |
A professional assassin hunts down the people who tried to kill her.

The ultimate action movie(s). ( )
  comfypants | Feb 18, 2016 |

Menke, Sallysecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parks, MichaelActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
RZAComposersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Thurman, UmaActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bill: Do you find me sadistic? You know, I bet I could fry an egg on your head right now, if I wanted to. You know, Kiddo, I'd like to believe that you're aware enough even now to know that there's nothing sadistic in my actions. Well, maybe towards those other... jokers, but not you. No Kiddo, at this moment, this is me at my most...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,569,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible