In the Small, Small Pond (1993)

by Denise Fleming

Illustrations and rhyming text describe the activities of animals living in and near a small pond as spring progresses to autumn.
    In the Tall, Tall Grass by Denise Fleming (gilberts, Sandydog1)
    Sandydog1: These both share the identical, wonderful cadence.

"Mailbox", K-Gr. 1, Apr/May 2006
  AprilGraziano | Sep 4, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
I really enjoy the uses of literary devices. It allows children to notice these devices and explore them while having engaging illustrations.
  Stella.Felix | Sep 29, 2019 |
$4.99
  CapitalCityPCS | Sep 20, 2019 |
In the Small, Small, Pond by Denise Fleming is about what is happening throughout a pond's wildlife and ecosystem. This book would be perfect for kindergarten, first and second grade because it is very phonics heavy. I especially think this book would be perfect for kindergarten due to how phonics heavy it really is. The rhyming and alliteration is just right for kids that age. It can also teach the students new vocabulary. I also think it would be perfect for students to act out what the animals in the book are doing throughout the story. If a student is an ELL, than it would be a great idea to have them act out what the animals are doing in the book so that you can get an understanding of where they are as readers. I would rate this book an 8/10 because of the amount of activities a teacher can perform with their students from this one book. The illustrations are also great at depicting what the text is explaining. I would love to have this book in my classroom. ( )
  amywalsh1 | Sep 16, 2019 |
For David, still the one.
In the small, small pond.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,358,693 books! | Top bar: Always visible