Timothy Goes to School by Rosemary Wells

Timothy Goes to School

by Rosemary Wells

6422023,310 (3.39)None
Timothy learns about being accepted and making friends during the first week of his first year at school.

Timothy describes his first day of school, it does not go as well as he thought it would. He meets a boy named Claude who seems to be perfect in everyway and it drives Timothy crazy. Claude is always telling Timothy that he is doing things wrong. Timothy spends most his day at school hoping Claude makes a mistake. Timothy is so jealous of Claude that he wants to quit school, until he meets Violet who has the same problem with another girl at school. Rosemary Wells shows the difficulties of making friends at school and how hard the first day of school could be for some children. This book is a comparsion to the book," Kindergators: Hands off, Harry!" because the author uses the same style. She uses animals, in this case a Raccoon, to address every day issues that children face in their every day lives. ( )
  CKISSINGER | Mar 8, 2017 |
Timothy is having bad days at school until he makes a friend
1 book
  TUCC | Jan 11, 2017 |
I was not a fan of this book what so ever. The story was about a boy named Timothy who was constantly picked on by a classmate, Claude. There was no resolution between Timothy and Claude- the story ended having Timothy still hating him. In fact, the book ended with Timothy befriending a girl who didn't like another girl in the class, and the two bonded over their hatred towards their two rivals. I did not like that there was no closure to the bullying, because it left me unsatisfied. I also didn't like that the reason Timothy and the girl became friends was over a mutual dislike for two classmates. I think that this story sends a negative message to young children. Overall, there was no valuable lesson from this book and the plot was unexciting. ( )
  alexavecchio | Nov 10, 2015 |
I really liked this book. The basic idea is to not get to down about being the new kid at school and not give the cool kids too much thought. I can relate to this book a lot because i once was a new kid and thought I would never make any friends. The way it is structures flows and keeps the reader engaged. A lot of people can relate to Timothy. Also, the illustrations were really engaging. It is full-color artwork with black line-drawings. Really draws you eyes to the pictures. ( )
  kstano1 | Sep 24, 2015 |
This is a story about a boy named Timothy. In the beginning, timothy is so excited for his first day of school. When he gets to school, he is faced with a boy named Claude. No matter how hard Timothy tries, Claude is always rude and making fun of Timothy's clothes. Then, One day he meets a girl named Violet. She had been treated the same way. Once they became friends Claude didn't matter to them any more. ( )
  kfisher524 | Nov 29, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,811,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible