Highlander Ever After by Jennifer Ashley

Highlander Ever After

by Jennifer Ashley

Princess Zarabeth is a psychic, and she can read what other people think. However her life is in danger, so her cousin Prince Damien sends her to Egan MacDonald who can protect her. Zarabeth has been in love with Egan since she was in her teens. He has always been able to understand her more than anyone, and he is the only one that she can't read. When she comes to the MacDonald Castle, they start to get to know each once more. Even though her life is in terrible danger, and her father is doing everything he can to help her divorce her husband and protect her. Egan doesn't know what to do with Zarabeth in his life again. He knows he has to protect her at all costs, but at the same time there is a curse on his castle that everyone but him is convinced is real. His sister is trying to get him married off to debutants when he has no desire to get married or have heirs. He is more than happy to let his cousin take over and be his heir. Even though he has to protect Zarabeth, he finds himself falling for her all over again. Despite the sensual desire that develops between them, there is a danger that may destroy everything.

Its been a while since I have read any books from this series. But this is the first that I have read this book, its the third in the series. I enjoyed this one thoroughly, and it was filled with what I definitely love in a good solid romance. I loved how the story flowed so smoothly, and I couldn't get enough of it!! I just wanted it to go on forever, it was such a genuinely well written story that had me utterly captivated until the very end. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 2, 2013 |
Not as good as the first two books in the series. if you haven't read them I would not bother with this one, or who knows, maybe you'll like this one better if you haven't read the first two. It could go either way. Egan's story, which was somewhat of a disappointment considering what a lively character he was in the earlier books.

http://ktleyed.blogspot.com/2011/07/highlander-ever-after-by-jennifer.html ( )
  ktleyed | Jul 30, 2011 |
I liked this book. It's number three in the 'Nvengaria' series after "Penelope and Prince Charming" and "The Mad, Bad Duke". I enjoy Ms Ashley's writing as, at least in this series, she does a grand job of injecting humor into the story. Her heroines are strong personalities and her heroes are just strong enough to keep up with them.

Princess Zarabeth has loved Egan MacDonald ever since she was 12. Unfortunately, he's the only person she's never been able to 'read' psychically. So all she knows is that he's a dear friend...and incredibly confusing, irritating, honorable, teasing, and very handsome! She's come to his castle in Scotland for refuge. Her husband treated her horribly, but Zarabeth stayed until she discovered he was trying to overthrow her cousin the King. Now she's hunted and haunted by her past.

Egan has secrets of his own. He's wanted Zarabeth since she was full-grown. He even left Nvengaria to try and douse his desire, but he's still thought of her every day. But he's no prince, he's just a laird with a run-down castle, a curse, and a meddling family...what can he offer Zarabeth?

Fun and funny, an entertaining read to the end. ( )
  jjmachshev | Apr 22, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0843960043, Mass Market Paperback)

Egan MacDonald was the one person Princess Zarabeth couldn't read. Yet even without being able hear his thoughts, she knew he was the most honorable, infuriating, and deliciously handsome man she'd ever met. And now her life was in his hands. Chased out of her native country by bitter betrayal and a bevy of assassins, Zarabeth found refuge at the remote MacDonald castle and a haven in Egan's embrace. She also found an ancient curse, a matchmaking nephew, a pair of debutants eager to drag her protector to the altar, and dark secrets in Egan's past. But even amid all the danger raged a desire too powerful to be denied....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:11 -0400)

Seeking refuge at the remote MacDonald castle after being exiled from her native country, Princess Zarabeth finds herself dealing with an ancient curse, a matchmaking nephew, two bitter rivals, dark secrets, and Egan MacDonald's sensual embrace.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,917,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible