The American Boy's Handy Book: What to Do…

The American Boy's Handy Book: What to Do and How to Do It

by Daniel Carter Beard

I had three boys and before that three sisters, what did I know of being a boy or what to do with boys - thank goodness for books like this. Not only did it help me with activities to do with my boys it also gave me a feel of how boys think. This was also an invaluable tool that I used as a cub scout parent. ( )
  mmoj | Aug 16, 2015 |
It is a pleasant sensation to sit in the first spring sunshine and feel the steady pull of a good kite upon the string, and watch its graceful movements as it sways from side to side, ever mounting higher and higher, as if impatient to free itself and soar away amid the clouds.

First published in 1882, this is a wealth of projects and games, with practical directions on how to make them, by one of the founders of the Boy Scouts of America. The ultimate pre-TV, anti-couch potato activity book, it answers the question, "What's there to do?"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:53 -0400)

An 1890 manual of pastimes which includes instructions for making kites, fishing poles, a blow gun, boats, and theatrical costumes, and for raising dogs, stuffing animals, stocking an aquarium, and camping.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,576,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible