The Sword Bearer by John White

The Sword Bearer (1986)

by John White

Series: Archives of Anthropos (1)

196189,721 (3.81)2

The Anthropos series is a set that I grew up reading when I was younger. My mom somehow stumbled upon the books and I think initially read some of them to me, or maybe I read them on my own - I can't quite remember. It reminds me in a lot of ways of the Chronicles of Narnia but in a slightly different way. I loved this series. ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jul 31, 2018 |

John Whiteprimary authorall editionscalculated
Valk, HenkTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Nancy, Paul and Stephen
John Wilson was no good at whistling, but he whistled anyway.

It was John's birthday. He would be thirteen. And what's more, it was on this day that his grandmother would tell him the mystery of his locket . . . And of his parents.

But it was not to be. Before he could find out, he was magically transported to the land of Anthropos where he was startled to be hailed as the Sword Bearer, the slayer of the Goblin Prince.

Here, in the imaginative story of the early history of Anthropos, John White captures the excitement and wonder of another world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:12 -0400)

On his thirteenth birthday John Wilson is transported to Anthropos, a land of dwarfs and talking animals, where he is hailed as the Sword Bearer, destined to slay the Goblin Prince and deliver the world from evil.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,903,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible