Second Form at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton

Second Form at Malory Towers (1947)

by Enid Blyton

Series: Malory Towers (2)

Great fun, even though it turns into a bit of an adventure story which belongs in a soap opera towards the end. I'm also a little disappointed that Blyton isn't doing more to really describe school life, it's all to do with rivalries between the girls and redemption. That's why Trebizon is so unique and marvellous. Oh well. Still a good read! ( )
  RubyScarlett | Nov 11, 2013 |
I can be even less precise about my memories of this book than about the first book. I remember the prank with the chalk from this book, though... I always sort of wanted to try it. I'm sure it was more or less the same thing as the first book, though: glorious English schoolgirlhood.

I'm sure they were very English, actually. Wales -- what's that? ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 9, 2013 |
An enjoyable read with interesting characters. I liked the fact that the girls aren't all perfect like in so many similar stories.
Some of the aspects of the story were a bit predictable, but that might be because I'm an adult and this is a kid's book... ( )
  26kathryn | Feb 28, 2013 |
Sally is head of the form, Daphne is new, Ellen is stressed that she won't do well in her exams... ( )
  atreic | Oct 5, 2011 |
This book is really really good. I really like how Enid Blyton plots her stories. This is one of those must read series.

In this book there is a thief that steals money (but who is it?). There is a new girl called Belinda and she is really really talented at drawing(in fact the girl on the cover is Belinda).
I really enjoyed this book and I recommend it for all children readers. Really really good. ( )
  PuffyBear | Jan 30, 2010 |

Enid Blytonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chapple, JennyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lloyd, StanleyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Darrell, Sally, Gwendoline, Mary-Lou and all the other girls from the First Term at Malory Towers are now in the second form and they are as lively as ever. Mam'zelle Dupont is still trying to be strict, Alicia plays a terrible trick with invisible chalk and Gwendoline and Daphne inevitably get into trouble.

"1672. A generation after the Civil War, England is still struggling to return to normal after the bloody conflict. In the village of Spadboro, Jonathan Dymond, a cider maker who lives with his parents, has so far enjoyed a quiet and harmonious life. But the death of his uncle leads Jonathan to secrets which have lain dormant since the war. When Jonathan discovers his dying uncle's letter to his father, hinting at inheritance and revenge, he becomes determined to unravel the mystery in his family. Under the pretence of making cider, Jonathan goes to stay with his newly widowed and strangely hostile aunt. While he tries to make sense of his own family, Jonathan becomes involved with his aunt's servant girl, Tamar, who soon reveals that she has secrets of her own..."--Cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,700,140 books! | Top bar: Always visible