Self Matters: Creating Your Life from the Inside Out

by Phillip C. McGraw

Dr. Phil McGraw shows how to find and become one's true self as opposed to one's "fictional" self, discussing the defining moments, critical choices, and pivotal people who shape one's perspective.

Self-realization
  BooksInMirror | Feb 19, 2024 |
Great Book ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
I started this book, but didn't get very far before I felt a bit battered by Dr. Phil's constant "in your face" style. (And I'm not a wimp when it comes to self-development). I just found this repetetive and dull, like some of his other writing (and what he says on television, too, from what I remember). I did some of the exercises, but ultimately decided this wasn't the right book for me. ( )
1 vote herebedragons | Feb 10, 2007 |
Change yourself and change the world. True up to a point and if it gets you out of a poor marriage, bad job etc then go for it. The real test is making the bad marriage work or accepting that’s poor is what you have to settle for as nothing is perfect.

Can’t say I found the book useful. It’s along the line of those programmes that sell your house such as House Doctor. No matter the house the advice is the same. Declutter, think the buyer wants to project themselves into the house, make it light and feel roomy etc. This says be honest with yourself and others. Be authentic. Take responsibility! Never really deals with that failure may because you are not up to it or because you are not going to succeed while in that job with that boss and you cant get another job. Guess for me the question is what do you do when you have to face that life is a f****p some times and no being positive is going to change that?

Oh I should add I Love the show but then I am still suffering withdrawal symptoms from the only national radio agony phone in ( say like in Sleepless in Seattle) with Anna Raeburn which went off the air 10 years ago! ( )
  ablueidol | Nov 5, 2006 |
Interesting ideas. Will have to think about a lot of the ways of change he proposes. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Sep 24, 2005 |

In Leef voor jezelf daagt Dr. Phil je uit op zoek te gaan naar je 'ware ik'; de persoon die je altijd al had willen zijn, maar die je nooit durfde te worden. Dit boek leert je hoe je je ware ik kunt vinden.
De onomwonden adviezen en duidehjke taal waarmee Dr. Phil McGraw bekend is geworden, zijn in dit boek opnieuw aanwezig. Met behulp van nuttige tests krijgje antwoord op belangrijke levensvragen. Wat voor invloed heeft je familie opje huidige functioneren? Besteed je eigenlijk wel genoeg energie aan je ware zelf? Een zeer vooruitstrevend boek over zelfbeeld en eigenwaarde.
Dr. Phil McGraw werd bekend als adviseur in de Oprah Winf rey Show. Intussen heeft hij zijn eigen tv-show. Hij is de auteur van Leer te leuen, Red je relatie!, Voel je goed in je lijf en Gezin eerst.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,166,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible