Snowy Night with a Stranger (Anthology…

Snowy Night with a Stranger (Anthology 3-in-1)

by Jane Feather (Contributor)

Other authors: Sabrina Jeffries (Contributor), Julia London (Contributor)

Series: School for Heiresses ("When Sparks Fly", 4.5)

204757,485 (3.44)5

Snowy Night With a Stranger (anthology w/Jane Feather, Sabrina Jeffries, Julia London)

A Holiday Gamble by Jane Feather
After his brother's death, Ned Vasey must return to his home in Northumberland from India, where he has earned his personal fortune after being exiled by his family. Since he is now the heir to the title (Viscount Allenton), he is now responsible for taking over his family home and doing what he must to restore its success after his brother's incompetent handling. Along the way, his carriage is caught in a snowstorm and he is accosted by highwaymen. He must rely on the hospitality of a neighbor, a known reiver and unethical businessman, Roger Selby, who is currently entertaining several friends over the holidays, as well as his ward and cousin, Lady Georgiana Carey. Georgiana slowly reveals herself to him as being a cheater of cards, skilled at sleight of hand and being a pickpocket when necessary. She is charming and much more intelligent than she allows the others to see. She has an ulterior motive which Ned tries to figure out and then help her with.

When Sparks Fly by Sabrina Jeffries
Elinor "Ellie" Bancroft has had enough of society life and has decided to become a spinster. She's tired of only getting interest from gentlemen who are only interested in her fortune. She is traveling with her aunt and cousins when their carriage is involved in an accident in the snow and they are rescued and taken in by a grouchy figure, Martin Thorncliff. He has developed a bad reputation due to an explosion in his family's coal mine wherein his brother was killed. Now he devotes his life to developing a "safe fuse" so future accidents will be less likely to occur. He starts off snappish and scary to everyone but as more is learned about his past, it becomes understandable. After exposure to Ellie and the children, he loosens up.

Snowy Night With a Highlander by Julia London
Lady Fiona Haines is ushered away from London back to Scotland to warn her reckless brother to go into hiding before being charged with treason for a reputed dalliance with the Princess of Wales. She unwillingly but necessarily enlists the help of a former acquaintance, Lord Blackwood, Duncan Buchanan, to bring her safely to Scotland. She remembers him as arrogant and irresponsible and sometimes even cruel. She hasn't seen him in years and doesn't know about a devastating house fire he lived through after failing to rescue a friend. Through his secretary, she makes her request and is given assistance by one of the laird's "tenants" not knowing it is actually Blackwood in disguise, hiding his burn scars and identity from her. After Fiona's ladies maid and traveling companion abandons her, she is forced to travel the rest of the way alone with Blackwood, wherein a friendship forms. Once they arrive, they have to sort out the mess of his true identity, his rudeness to her in the past, etc. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Jul 19, 2015 |
Three well developed historicals. Each story was only about 130 pages long but they all told wonderful stories that made you care about their characters. Great holiday read. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |
Snowy Night With A Stranger is a Anthology compiled of three stories by three great historical romance authors: Jane Feather, Sabrina Jeffries and Julia London. I haven't read anything by Jane Feather, but I have read books by Sabrina Jeffries and Julia London, and I truly loved reading this story, definitely filled my heart with the true spirit of Christmas. All three stories have a commonality throughout each story, all of them getting caught in a snow storm. The first story A Holiday Gamble is about Edward Vasey, is caught in a snowstorm, by highwaymen, and he has no other choice than to take refuge with a neighbor at Selby Hall, where he meets Georgiana, who is engaged to someone else, but all can see it is not by her own choice. There is a spark that fly's between Edward and Georgiana, and even though both of them are bound to marry other people, their love is ignited by one kiss during the magical spirit of Christmas. Having never read anything by Jane Feather, I was intrigued by this story, and once I started, I couldn't put it down, I was entranced by how these two would ever find a way to be together. I loved these two characters, they were vivid throughout all of the story, and this is the first christmas story I have read for this year, and definitely set me in the mood for the upcoming Holiday. The second story When Sparks Fly involved a story with a young woman, an heiress, who has searched for love but because she is one of the most sought after because of her money, has yet to find someone she would want to spend the rest of her life with. So traveling with her aunt and niece and nephews, they are caught in a storm, and stranded, but then are rescued by the "Black Baron" who takes them to his home until the storm passes. Martin, rumored as the "Black Baron" because of a painful accident that involved his brother, now has few servants, because of his dangerous experiments on explosive, and doesnt wish for anyone to get hurt. Martin knows that because of his work he may never find a woman to love and have a family. when he meets Elinor, whose spirit and passion about life, stirs him up in a way he never expected, he finds himself drawn to her and she starts to melt away the ice around his heart, and open up to love. I truly loved When Sparks Fly, and this was the story I read the fastest, Sabrina Jeffries, is the type of author that will draw you into a story like no author does. This story was no different, it was heart warming, passionate and filled with unexpecting adventure. Snowy Night With A Highlander Fiona Haines, is from Scotland originally, but followed her brother to London, and went into society, but never managed to fit in, because of her outspoken ways. Now her brother is lying low in Scotland, and Fiona means to find him. So she goes with a rugged highlander, who is protective but quiet, and having suffered as he is scarred, but Fiona doesn't care about that. During their journey to Scotland, a snowstorm forced them to awake a inner passion, that will open the door to true love. Julia London is a author that I enjoy reading from, but sometimes I find her books hard to read at times. This story I did read, but it started out a bit slow for me, and never really picked up the pace until the very end. Although I did enjoy the characters in this story, I found the plot was missing and there needed to be something more to draw in this reader. I was a bit disappointed with it, but it was a nice story. However as a whole, this book was a holiday treasure to read, filled with romance, adventure and mystery, and very entertaining. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 2, 2013 |
An enjoyable, light trilogy. ( )
  snugasa | Mar 4, 2010 |
3 very readable regency novellas, however I found their classic regency flavor somewhat marred by the excellently written but fairly inappropriate (in a classic regency format sort of way) aforementioned steamy sex scenes - perhaps it was just the juxtaposition of the 3 stories and my just having finished a few Heyer re-reads. Surely I can't be past the point of enjoying a bit of well-written steam? ( )
  moekane | Jan 6, 2009 |

Feather, JaneContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jeffries, SabrinaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
London, JuliaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is an anthology.

Please do not combine with any of the individual stories.

Stories in anthology:
Snowy Night with a Highlander by Julia London

Contains:

Snowy Night with a Highlander by Julia London

In a trio of holiday romance tales set in Regency England and Scotland, a debutante falls for a mysterious driver, a spinster finds refuge at the home of a curmudgeonly aristocrat, and a lord meets a young lady trying to escape from home.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,418,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible