Fish Out of Water by MaryJanice Davidson

Fish Out of Water

by MaryJanice Davidson

451934,992 (3.57)7
    Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson (generalkala)
    generalkala: This is by the same author, in the same style, but with vampires instead of mermaids.
    Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs (generalkala)

On it's own as a part of the series, it's really entertaining. I kind of missed the King dropping F-bombs in this one, but with Jonas along for the ride it was still super funny. Great conclusion.

However, having sampled just about all of MJD's series, I find the same heroine is used over and over again. Fred is just Queen Betsy in a bad mood. If you don't mind, you'll love this series. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Nov 28, 2015 |
This was a great ending to the trilogy, and I still really like that each book does stand on it's own. Yes, it's more fun to read them all, but there's no cliffhanger endings and each bit of mystery or adventure is wrapped up nicely each time. A bit of a spoiler, but like that every body gets their happy ending. These books kind of remind me of watching The Pirate Movie--irreverent, improbable, but so much fun. And they leave me with a warm squishy happy sort of feeling. Plus--mermaids! Fun! ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Bye, Fred. I'll miss you. MJD, please write another mermaid story. Thanks. ( )
  MrsMich02 | Feb 18, 2012 |
I loved this book the best out of the series. I was extremely happy with the ending! =) ( )
  millett23 | Oct 15, 2010 |
Fish out of Water is the third and final book in the Fred, the mermaid series. Here we find Fred as the new spokesperson for the Undersea Folk, struggling with not only the media but all of her new house guests. But the most unexpected guest off all is Fred's dad, who had been banished from the undersea world after his youthful attempt to take over leadership. Luckily, Fred's dad agrees to help when Artur's dad realises that some of the undersea folk are disappearing off his radar but the offer ends up being not quite what everyone was expecting.

I was really looking forward to this last book and found it not as funny or interesting as I had hoped. The ending was a bit of an anticlimax and I can't say that I am 100% happy with the whole Artur-Fred-Thomas ending but still a worthy end. ( )
  eesti23 | Aug 20, 2010 |
I love treason but hate a traitor.
- Julius Caesar
It's silly to go on pretending that under the skin we are all brothers. The truth is more likely that under the skin we are all cannibals, assassins, traitors, liars, hypocrites, poltroons.
- Henry Miller
A mermaid's not a human thing
An' courtin' sich is folly;
Of flesh an' blood I'd rather sing,
What ain't so melancholy.
- E. J. Brady, "Lost and Given Over"
A reporter meets interesting people. If he endures, he will get to know princes and presidents, popes and paupers, prostitutes and panderers.
- Jim Bishop
Time Magazine: "Is it true that if you help a mermaid, you get one wish?"
Fredrika Bimm: "Shut up."
He stared, transfixed.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515145491, Mass Market Paperback)

Fred the Mermaid has taken the bait and chosen to date Artur, Prince of the Black Sea, over human marine biologist Thomas. And just in time. The existence of the Undersea Folk is no longer a secret, and someone needs to keep them from floundering in the media spotlight. Fred has all the right skills for that job, but has a hard time when her real father surfaces and tries to overthrow Artur’s regime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:48 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,757,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible