Born O'Hurley [2-in-1]: The Last Honest…

Born O'Hurley [2-in-1]: The Last Honest Woman • Dance to the Piper

by Nora Roberts

363None29,862 (3.53)None

Loved it!: In the book "The Last Honest Woman" we meet Abby, the middle triplet, who has had a rough marriage, and is now ready to talk about it. She agrees to be intreviewed on a book being written on her ex-husband who was killed in a race car accident. She opens her home, and the story of her life to sexy, hot Dylan Crosby. Abby is surprised when she starts feeling attracted to him because even though she agreed to tell Dylan Crosby about her rough marriage doesn't mean she's willing to tell the whole truth. As Dylan pushes Abby to tell him her darkest secret she starts to fall in love with him, and Dylan realizes he wont be able to type up the whole truth about Abby's life, for the reasons that he loves her, and can't bare to hurt her sons. This book was amazing, I loved how Nora kept you guessing as to what was Abby's secret, and why she didn't want anyone to find it out.
In the book "Dance to the Piper" we meet Maddy the youngest tripplet, whose is at the top of her career, about to star in a big, hit Broadway production thats being backed by Valentine records, Reed Valentine. Throughout the book, Maddy and Reed develop a relationship, that Reed doesn't want to be any part of. As Maddy falls in love with Reed, Reed has a difficult time believing that love is a real thing. As Maddy stuggles to be patient with Reed, and wonders why he doesn't believe in love, Reed tries to distant himself, not wanting to trust her. The problem with Reed is that he can't trust women after the betrayal he faced as a young kid. The story keeps you captivated and wondering what happen to Reed as a child, that he cant trust women. It also keep you guessing if Reed is ever going to realize he is in love and just accept it, or ruin everything between him and Maddy by pushing her away.
I definitely recomend you read these books, I thought they were great stories and I cant wait to read the other two, because throughout these books Nora dropped hints that Chantel had being recieving creepy calls, and I'm wondering what is going to happen in the third book. Hope you enjoy reading them.
  lonepalm | Dec 8, 2011 |
This is the first in her O'Hurley series, I think. It was a bargain book on Audible, so I took a chance on it. It's not too bad, but has a lot of sex that I usually skip over when reading a book. It's kind of hard not to laugh out loud as I'm driving down the highway. Definitely not a book to listen to with granddaughter in the care with me :-} ( )
  busyreadin | Oct 11, 2008 |

2 contemporary romance stories by Nora Roberts: The Last Honest Woman; Dance to the Piper.
These are #1 and #2 in the O'Hurley Series.

Book 1 in The O'Hurley Collection

A New York Times Bestseller

#1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts brings you the remarkable O'Hurley triplets and their mysterious older brother. Their unique family upbringing has led to four extraordinary lives. . . . As the widow of an infamous race car champion, Abby O'Hurley shunned publicity. But how could she keep charming, disarming, and ruthlessly cynical biographer Dylan Crosby from uncovering her darkest secrets?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:05 -0400)

The last honest woman : "If sex sells, then so do lies--especially when the truth is revealed. And cynical journalist Dylan Crosby knew that the just-a-simple-widow routine Abby O'Hurley was giving him wasn't anything close to the truth. There was a story there. All he had to do was turn on the charm, turn down the lights, and she would whisper all her secrets. Unless she uncovered his first..."--P. [4] of cover.Dance to the piper : "Maddy O'Hurley shone in the spotlight. Her passion for dancing set the stage aflame and left no one in her audience unaffected--including business mogul Reed Valentine. But Reed wasn't used to burning--not for anything or anyone. And he wasn't about to let the ruthless business skills he'd honed be affected by wild passion. So was he prepared to fight fire with fire?"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,456,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible