Double Shot by Diane Mott Davidson

Double Shot (2004)

by Diane Mott Davidson

Series: Goldy Bear (12)

Goldy Schulz has a new venue for her catering called the Roundhouse. That morning she finds it smelling to high heavens with mice running all over and she has an event to cater. Goldy gets knocked down. It wasnt a great start to the day. She suspects that her ex-husband, The Jerk, is responsible. Later that day, she has to take her son over to The Jerk's house. She stumbles across a murder and the police take her in as a suspect. A wide cast of characters and lots of action keep the plot moving along at a good clip. I was relieved that Goldy wasn't constantly rehashing the events, as she has done in previous 11 books in this series. There was also wuite a bit of humor. This is the best of the series so far. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Mar 26, 2019 |
This is the 12th book in the Goldy series and IMHO is the best yet. Not only does Davidson dish up a great mystery but also includes delicious sounding recipes. Goldy is accused of a murder (will not give anything away here) . She and her bff, Marla set out to find the real killer. Along the way, they encounter a stripper, a boy who looks like Arch, old acquaintances and the real killer (of course). ( )
  travelgal | Sep 27, 2018 |
The cover of this book says "Her best book" quoting the Denver Post. I'm not sure I would agree as I liked her earlier ones better but I would say it is better than her last few.

The Jerk (ex-husband of the narrator, Goldy) who recently got out of jail is shot twice (no doubt the origin of the title although it could also refer to a double shot of espresso which everyone in the novel seems to drink continuously) and killed. Goldie discovers his body and becomes the prime suspect. Along with her friend (and another ex-spouse of the Jerk), Marla, Goldie mines the local gossip for clues to the actual killer. In addition, Goldie has several catering jobs to perform so we get all the foodie descriptions. (The back of the book has the recipes for a lot of the items. I'm definitely going to try the Goldy's Nuthouse Cookies and the Party Pork Chops.) ( )
  gypsysmom | Aug 24, 2017 |
This was a re-read for me. It is a typical cozy mystery. I enjoyed the fluff read of it, but the characters weren't as interesting as they have been in the past. The murder victim was a schock (a long-running character), but I was rather underwhelmed by the development of the resolution. Others in the series are much better than this one, but it was still a good palate cleansing read for me. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
Goldy Schulz's ex-husband John richard Korman is found by her shot in his car and Goldy becomes the main suspect in his murder. Goldy starts investigating the crime in order to save herself and help her son Arch. A solid addition to this series. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |

Diane Mott Davidsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But if any one has caused pain, he has caused it not to me, but in some measure...to you all. --II Corinthians 2:5, RSV
If you sit by the river long enough, the bodies of all your enemies will float by. -- Chinese proverb
To Jasmine Cresswell
A brilliant writer and unfailing friend
It's a funny thing about being hit in the head.
This is the main work for Double Shot by Diane Mott Davidson. It should not be combined with any abridgement, adaptation, etc.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060527307, Mass Market Paperback)

Caterer supreme Goldy Schulz has more on her plate than she can handle. Her ultra-charming, ultra-wealthy, and seriously psychopathic ex-husband, Dr. John Richard Korman (aka "the Jerk"), is free now that the governor of Colorado has commuted his prison sentence. And someone -- the Jerk, perhaps -- has taken great pains to sabotage Goldy's latest culinary endeavor, a post-funeral reception for a friend at a local lodge.

But even more than the anonymous threats, rumors, and violence that have lately been directed Goldy's way, it's her discovery of a fresh corpse that really spoils the stew -- a murder that could tear her family to pieces, a murder that virtually everyone believes Goldy committed.

True, she's been efficiently framed, but at least she's still breathing, which may not be the case for long, if she doesn't track down a killer who's cooked up a very nasty repast for Goldy and the people she loves.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:36 -0400)

Caterer Goldy Schulz has more than enough on her plate. Her ultra-charming, ultra-wealthy and seriously psychopathic ex-husband, Dr. John Richard Korman (aka The Jerk), is free now that the governor of Colorado has commuted his prison sentence. And someone - the Jerk, perhaps - has taken great pains to sabotage Goldy's latest culinary endeavor, a post-funeral reception for a friend at a local lodge. Includes scrumptious recipes from Goldy's kitchen.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible