Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

The Lucky One (2008)

by Nicholas Sparks

English (113)  Spanish (2)  German (2)  Portuguese (1)  All languages (118)
I loved this book. This is the first book I have read where the main characters didn't die by this author. I loved the story and thought it was so sweet. Great Nicholas Sparks read. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
I really enjoyed the story and was drawn in from the start. Was the story predictable? Yes but I enjoyed the story and the characters.

I'm looking forward to the movie. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
Another beautiful, heart-warming love story , page-turner book from my favorite author Nicholas Spark. ( )
  anacskie | Dec 22, 2017 |
  anacskie | Dec 22, 2017 |
The whole 'the man finds a young woman's photo,it becomes his good luck charm,he feels he has a debt to pay & walks across country to find her' thing was quite fascinating for me.
Most of N.S novels are my favorite & I like them because he takes the whole concept of romance soulmates love to a deeper level and comes up with love so intense that the story and its characters stay with you long after you have finished reading.
“When a man is that special, you know it sooner than you think possible. You recognize it instinctively, and you're certain that no matter what happens, there will never be another one like him.”

“Why did you come here?
To find you.

“He was the toast to her butter."

Coming back to the book,I specially loved Zeus' (Logan's dog) role in the story and his relationship with Logan.
Logan's character was the most likable one,and Nicholas Sparks created a creep in Keith Clayton that I loathed!
Overall a lovely read.Recommend it to those who like their romance books intense and deep. ( )
  Palwasha_Here | Nov 17, 2017 |
For Jamie Raab and Dennis Dalrymple

A year to remember...
and a year to forget.
I'm with you in spirit.
Deputy Keith Clayton hadn't heard them approach, and up close, he didn't like the looks of them any more than he had the first time he'd seen them.
Logan didn't deliver advice, instead he asked Ben what he thought he should do.
Based on her experience with men, most assume that when you talk to them about a problem or a dilema, they were expected to offer an opinion... even when all you really wanted was for them to listen!

"The Lucky One" (pg. 54-112) Thibault had his mind set on finding the woman in the picture. With that, Thibault started planning out how he intended on finding her. He decided that he was going to go to bars where single men might know her. Meanwhile, Clayton was still stressing about the pictures he had taken and the flat tires on the sheriffs car. Clayton was so upset about Thibault lying to him that he went on a hunt to find him;driving around, asking people if they had seen him. Clayton gave up for the day and his son, Ben, came to mind. He was disappointed that Ben hadn't turned out like he wanted him to. Instead of playing sports, he played violen. Clayton got lost in his thoughts so he didn't hear the phone ring. Ben answered it and gave it to Clayton. It was Claytons friend calling to tell him that he was at a bar and some man had a picture of his ex-wife and he was asking for her. Clayton acted like he didn't care and figured the man on the phone was drunk,so he went to bed.

Thibault had met a men and he knew who the woman was in the photograph. He told Thibault her name is Beth Green and that she's a teacher at a local elementary school. Thibault knew the next step was meeting her. While that was happening with Thibault, Beth was working at a pet shop. While she was working she saw a man coming up the driveway with his german shepard. It was Thibault. He walked into the shop and started talking to Beth. He knew it was her. Thibault asked for a job application and so Beth had Nana, her grandma, to interview him. Nana did and she hired him. She knew Beth liked him. Thibault worked the next day but he didn't see Beth much. He like to think of her as Elizabeth. A few days later Thibault ended up meeting her son Ben. Ben liked Thibault a lot but Beth didn't like that Ben had started talking to Thibault.

In his 14th book, bestselling author Nicholas Sparks tells the unforgettable story of a man whose brushes with death lead him to the love of his life.

Is there really such thing as a lucky charm? The hero of Nicholas Sparks's new novel believes he's found one in the form of a photograph of a smiling woman he's never met, but who he comes to believe holds the key to his destiny. The chain of events that leads to him possessing the photograph and finding the woman pictured in it is the stuff of love stories only a master such as Sparks can write.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:10 -0400)

Is there really such thing as a lucky charm? The hero of Nicholas Sparks's new novel believes he's found one in the form of a photograph of a smiling woman he's never met, but who he comes to believe holds the key to his destiny. The chain of events that leads to him possessing the photograph and finding the woman pictured in it is the stuff of love stories.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,491,329 books! | Top bar: Always visible