Pitching My Tent: On Marriage, Motherhood, Friendship, and Other Leaps of Faith

by Anita Diamant

From the bestselling author of The Red Tent and Good Harbor, a collection of intimate, autobiographical reflections on the milestones, revelations, and balancing acts of life as a wife, mother, friend, and member of a religious community. Before The Red Tent won her international literary acclaim, Anita Diamant was a columnist in Boston. Over the course of twenty years, she wrote essays that reflected the shape and evolution of her life, as well as the trends of her generation. In the end, her musings about love and marriage, birth and death, nature versus nurture, politics and religion--and everything from female friendships to quitting smoking--have created a public diary of the progress of her life that resonated deeply with her readers. Now, Pitching My Tent collects the finest columns of a writer who is a reporter by training and a storyteller by heart, all revised and enriched with new material. Personal, inspiring, and often funny, Pitching My Tent displays the warmth, humor, and wisdom that Diamant's legions of fans have come to cherish.… (more)

Bored the mess out of me once I got a little less than half way through it. I had to skip a lot. ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
  MsBridgetReads | Jul 8, 2014 |
  OBridget1 | May 4, 2014 |
  BridgetsBookNook | Feb 6, 2014 |
Autographed by author; gift from Margaret
  JaneReading | May 23, 2010 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,381,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible