MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers…

MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (1977)

by Joseph Gibaldi, Walter S. Achtert

This book is incredibly easy to use with clear, precise examples. The table of contents is easy to search. This book is lacking in a few "special case" citation examples, so when using this I would occassionally have to look on the internet for help. In general though, this book is a great book and a staple to every college student's library. ( )
  Borrows-N-Wants | Nov 10, 2017 |
slightly dated, but still good. Need newer edition.
  JoBass | Jan 28, 2014 |
INDEX
  saintmarysaccden | Nov 18, 2013 |
When I was in college this was the standard for research papers. And I'd agree it's much easier to use and more lucid than the Blue Book I'd later have to use for legal citations. It's true though that this edition, published in 1995 is probably dated. And given I've finished my higher education, I can't see a reason to keep it any longer on my shelves--but it sure gave good service during my college years--and if you're in or about to enter college--I'd certainly recommend getting whatever is the latest edition. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Sep 8, 2013 |
Edition: 3rd edition // Descr: vii, 248 p. 21 cm. // Series: Call No. { } Shelved in Kade German Center, 116 Lawrence : Sprachunterricht // //
  ColgateGerman | Oct 26, 2012 |

Joseph Gibaldiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Achtert, Walter S.main authorall editionsconfirmed
The MLA Handbook is published by the Modern Language Association, the authority on MLA documentation style. Widely adopted in high schools, colleges, and publishing houses, the MLA Handbook treats every aspect of research writing, from selecting a topic to submitting the completed paper. The expanded, revised, and redesigned sixth edition of the Handbook is a complete, up-to-date guide to documentation style and online research.

The revisions in the sixth edition of the MLA Handbook focus on the areas of greatest concern to students undertaking research projects today. Besides fresh citation examples, updated lists of reference works, and an improved typographic design, the new edition offers the following changes: A chapter on plagiarism explains what this offense is, why it should be taken seriously, and how good research practices prevent unintentional plagiarizing. Two dozen new annotated illustrations demonstrate how actual print and electronic sources are treated in research and documentation. Expanded, updated guidelines clarify the use and citation of online materials, including articles from subscription databases like EBSCO. The MLA documentation formats have not been changed in the sixth edition, but many guidelines have been added or refined.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,629,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible