Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live

by Martha Beck

Do you feel that your life has taken a wrong turn and you don't know how to get back on track? This book provides a step-by-step programme to put you on course again. Aimed at everyone, it shows you how to recognise your deepest desires, examines why they have been forgotten and then gives practical advice on how to fulfil them. Helps you identify your dreams and goals; Lets you repair unconscious beliefs and emotional wounds that may be blocking your progress. Provides a map to guide you through your life changes. Takes you through every stage from recognising your dream to planning its implementation; Motivates you throughout with thoroughly tested case studies, questionnaires, and exercises; Written with inspiration, wit and wisdom, Finding Your Own North Star is a trusted companion for your new life journey.… (more)

Nothing but breakthroughs into personal motivations with this book. Good stuff. ( )
  pmichaud | Dec 21, 2020 |
When Martha Beck first got "found" (by Oprah?) she was interesting in how she presented her ideas, with a generous amount of casual humor thrown in. I liked her books. Now, after many books, and with a regular column in Oprah magazine, she seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel with old ideas presented as new, and the cute "humor" now just juvenile and tedious. ( )
1 vote afinch11 | Aug 22, 2013 |
I am increasingly impressed by Martha Beck. While not every single thing she says rings true for me, I find that she brings together a great many concepts, familiar and unfamiliar, in ways that make total and immediate sense. Even things that should be obvious to me suddenly make more sense and have more context after reading her anecdotes. I find her refreshing, funny, thought-provoking and practical. I will be reading more of her work. ( )
  mandochild | Feb 9, 2012 |
This is my favorite self-help book (fortunately or unfortunately, however your glass is filled, I've read a lot of them). Martha Beck packs a tremendous amount of information and guidance into this book, and along with her sense of humor, I found so much support and strength in its pages.

Definitely a keeper, I will continue to refer back to it as I waiver in my journey to find my own North Star. Intelligent, supportive--I need all the help I can get to be the best possible person and sometimes I have to find that help outside of myself. She makes a person see their situation for the truth it is and what it isn't, and work towards a fulfilling life.

Very much recommended to everyone. ( )
  DanaJean | Mar 29, 2010 |
amazing amazing book about figuring out how to live a life that is right for you, and resonates with your own inner compass.
  mochap | Mar 22, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,558,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible