Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping (1985)

by Peggy Parish

Series: Amelia Bedelia (10)

1,998416,269 (3.84)None
As always, Amelia Bedelia follows exactly the instructions given to her on a camping trip, including pitching a tent and rowing boats.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Always misunderstanding, and then saving the day with food! That's Amelia Bedelia!
Pitch a tent? Catch a fish? Hit the road? And, my personal favorite, sleeping bags? Dude, you've gotta give her more instruction, and Mr. and Mrs. Rogers should know this about her by now! Still, my 4 year old bonus son laughed at it, and my 12 year old daughter tried to predict which camping items would get misunderstood by A.B., so good family fun for us!

Sleeping bags.... :-) ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jul 4, 2020 |
Amelia Bedelia, as the title says, goes camping with her boss and his wife. As usual, she messes most everything up with her literal take on everything anyone ever says. Also as usual, she saves the day with her hospitality, graciousness, and thoughtfulness. Her boss forgets his own birthday, but she has made him a cake and has taken it with them to surprise them at the camp site. Her boss forgets he was ever upset with her and enjoys himself and the rest of the trip.

I give this one five stories because it really does show how much people appreciate thoughtfulness and how someone may make him or her feel at the end of the day. Amelia Bedelia continues to show to others that they matter to her. Although she may mess up, she has good intentions and is a good person. Kids can learn the importance of friendship, honesty, and goodness by reading this story. ( )
  CMcGinnis | Feb 13, 2020 |
I loved Amelia Bedelia books as a child and still enjoy them today. Like all of her adventures this story is filled with idioms and is humorous for readers. Amelia Bedelia is a loveable maid who always seems to take her tasks a little too literally. She ends up in some pretty silly situations, but her emplyers always seem to keep her around. I think that children, like I always have, will love these books and how fun it can be to play around with language. ( )
  slserpas | Jan 22, 2020 |
This book is really cute. It is about Amelia Bedelia going camping with her friends. They have a fun adventure. She learns how to fish and pitch a tent. ( )
  ElainaBerger | Nov 13, 2018 |

Peggy Parishprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sweat, LynnIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Rebecca and Alex Gushin
with love
"Hurry up, Amelia Bedelia," called Mr. Rogers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,214,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible