Dead Men Scare Me Stupid

by John Swartzwelder

Series: Frank Burly (4)

As Swartzwelder likes to remind us, he is the writer of 59 episodes of "The Simpsons". As someone who loved "The Simpsons" back when I had the spare time to watch television, I was drawn to the Swartzwelder Frank Burley oeuvre and "Dead Men Scare Me Stupid" is the third Burley book I've read.

For those who have come in late, Frank Burley is a very bad detective who gets caught up in time machines, aliens and the like. In "Dead Men Scare Me Stupid", it's the angry vengeful ghosts of former clients that Burley has to ineptly deal with. At times, the action turns so weird I had trouble following it but there's enough laughs for those who seeking such things in this day and age. ( )
  MiaCulpa | May 23, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

Well, they found Amelia Earhart.

Frank Burly is Haunted by clients who he has accidentally killed.

Genres

No genres

Melvil Decimal System (DDC)

452 — Language Italian Etymology

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,293,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible