Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully

by Audrey Penn

Other authors: Barbara L. Gibson (Illustrator)

Series: The Kissing Hand (4)

When Chester tells his mother about the school bully, she asks him to gather his friends to hear a story about getting along with people who are prickly.

Another great Chester Raccoon book, and another great message to impart! Chester and his friends are dealing with a bully at school, and when Chester's mother learns of this, she tells them a story, as only she can do. She explains that maybe if the kids change their perspective and the way they see the bully, maybe they can get to the root of what makes the bully a bully in the first place. As usual, she is right!

I love these books because the illustrations are colorful and attention grabbing, and the story is always a good lesson that kids don't even realize they're learning.

Highly recommend:

5/5 stars.

I received a copy of this book free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion. ( )
  jwitt33 | Feb 11, 2022 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
When Chester tells his mother about the school bully, she asks him to gather his friends to listen to a story about getting along with people who are prickly.
  NMiller22 | Aug 2, 2019 |
I picked this book because it covered the topic of bullying. For this book, I would have students write what they should do if they are being bullied or if they see someone else being bullied. ( )
  ksd011 | Mar 16, 2016 |

Audrey Pennprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gibson, Barbara L.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Ellice, whose sweetness can teach us all how to be better friends.
Chester Raccoon stood in front of his tree hollow looking gloomy.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,080,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible