Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins

Just One of the Guys

by Kristan Higgins

Being one of the guys isn't all it's cracked up to be ... So when journalist Chastity O'Neill returns to her hometown, she decides it's time to start working on some of those feminine wiles. Two tiny problems: #1--She's five feet eleven inches of rock-solid girl power, and #2--she's cursed with four alpha male older brothers. While doing a story on local heroes, she meets a hunky doctor and things start to look up. Now there's only one problem: Trevor Meade, her first love and the one man she's never quite gotten over--although he seems to have gotten over her just fine. Yet the more time she spends with Dr. Perfect, the better Trevor looks. But even with the in-your-face competition, the irresistible Trevor just can't seem to see Chastity as anything more than just one of the guys.… (more)
Recently added byrena75, private library, NafizaMaruzeh, KOrionFray, impatienke, GRgenius

"Out of all of her novels, "Just One of the Guys" by Kristan Higgins is by far one of her best!! This great romantic comedy, just made it so I couldn't put it down. Especially with lines like..."

Read more of this review here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2009/11/firefighter-vs-doctor.html ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Dec 31, 2018 |
Not bad, not great. I think the ending finished abruptly. If the ending expanded a bit, it would have been a while lot better!! ( )
  onebeanshy | Jun 20, 2018 |
I don't much care for books written in the first person. I despise books written in the present tense. I'm so glad I pushed past that and read this anyway. :) I also hated how Chastity kept saying "blah blah bleeping blah" every other page, and Ms. Higgins made up a word, went to the trouble of explaining said word, used it 4 times in 2 pages, and then never used it again. What's the point, I ask you?

I adored Just One of the Guys. I fell in love with the main character and her whole big, crazy family. It made me wish I was from a large, rough and tumble family like that. this book made my tear up and get that big sad lump in my throat, and I'm pretty sure I was both crying and smiling at the end. But I'm on all sorts of fertility drugs right now, so that could have something to do with it. I think most people could identify with Chastity; not feeling attractive enough, struggling to live up to the achievements of your order siblings, unrequited love...

Smut level: non-existant. People sleeping together is described mostly after the fact with terms like "it was nice" or "then our sex life launched into hyperspace". Nice if you like a good tearful but if fluff. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
This is a good book, funny with likeable characters. ( )
  mjolorenz | Jun 30, 2017 |
I absolutely loved "Just One of the Guys" by Kristan Higgins. This author has a writing style that speaks to me and has me laughing, crying and smiling the whole time I'm reading one of her books. I love the clean cut pure contemporary romance aspect of her plots and the way she writes her characters leave you feeling like you have known them your whole life, or want to know them. She is hands down one of the top authors in this genre. If you are looking for a good heart felt story to read, look no further.
Happy Reading....enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,003,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible