Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Be Complete (Be Series) by Warren W. Wiersbe

Be Complete (Be Series)

by Warren W. Wiersbe

Even as an accessible, non-technical commentary, this one is rather poor. Wiersbe misreads the Colossian context, especially in regards to the 'Colossian Heresy.' He does not respect the boundaries of pericopes, often breaking key passages in strange places. Occasionally he reads evangelical hot topics into the text where they are not warranted.

But I gave him two stars because he does get somethings right. He reads Colossians with the eye of a preacher and is able to call attention to the supremacy of Christ. When I was tempted to just write the whole thing off, I would come away from a passage with one or two insights.

What was particularly helpful to me in using this book was that each section is punctuated by questions for reflection or group study. I read this while prepping a Bible study and while I generally didn't find his questions usable for my context (after all he misreads the text), they were a good foil to use in my own preparation. ( )
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |

What Do You Need to Add?

You hear about horoscopes, yoga, transcendental meditation, and a host of other old and new philosophies. Do you need these things? Not if you have Jesus Christ and He is preeminent in your life.

If you're in Jesus Christ, you are complete! Too often today we try to mix manmade philosophies and legalistic rules with the Gospel. The Colossians Christians faced a similar dilemma. But Paul tenderly corrected their erring ways. He warned against the temptation to look for spiritual fulfillment from sources other than God.

As he did with the Colossians, the Apostle Paul calls you to BE COMPLETE in Christ!

Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe is best known as an author, pastor, and radio Bible teacher. He was for many years pastor of Chicago's Moody Memorial Church and most recently served as General Director and Bible teacher for Back to the Bible. He has authored over 100 books, including the New Testament "BE" series from Victor Books.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:29 -0400)

We live in an age when everyone is trying to live richer, fuller lives. We're told to buy this, try that, eat those, and say no to the rest, as if that's all we need to do to make our lives complete. Two thousand years ago, the church at Colossae faced similar challenges. The apostle Paul wrote a letter outlining the only way we can live complete lives: Christ. What can we learn today from this ancient church? Called by many scholars the "most profound letter Paul ever wrote," Colossians warrants a careful, faithful study. In this short but exciting letter, Paul makes the case for the supremacy of Christ in all things. Best-selling author and teacher Warren W. Wiersbe calls your attention to Paul's essential thoughts on living a complete life.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,474,655 books! | Top bar: Always visible