Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas…

Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone…

by Ina Garten

Great recipes that work. ( )
  Lynsey2 | Jan 15, 2016 |
As I am obsessed with all thing Ina, I can not help but give this 5 stars.. Now that does not mean I did not actually read the text because I did and although I have not been able to cook ALL the recipes yet .... given we need to eat everyday I am confident that I will one day. And I am confident they will be uber delish as Ina has not let me down yet.

Most importantly- I can not wait until the next Ina supper club meets in September and we celebrate life, friends, family and some awesome food a la Ina family Style ! ( )
  KatharineDB | Aug 7, 2012 |
Easy to prepare recipes for family and company - fits the warm casually elegant family style in the illustrations. ( )
  LadyBronx | Dec 10, 2006 |
Definetly not low fat cooking! But the recipes I've made have been really good and not too difficult. Beautiful pictures. ( )
  kylikki | Jul 10, 2006 |

Ina Gartenprimary authorall editionscalculated
McEvoy, MauraPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Trovato, RoriFood stylingsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 060961066X, Hardcover)

Ina Garten, who shared her gift for casual entertaining in the bestselling Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and Barefoot Contessa Parties!, is back with her most enticing recipes yet—a collection of her favorite dishes for everyday cooking. In Barefoot Contessa Family Style, Ina explains that sharing our lives and tables with those we love is too essential to be saved just for special occasions—and it’s easy to do if you know how to cook irresistible meals with a minimum of fuss.

For Ina, the best way to make guests feel at home is to serve them food that’s as unpretentious as it is delicious. So in her new book, she’s collected the recipes that please her friends and family most—dishes like East Hampton Clam Chowder, Parmesan Roasted Asparagus, and Linguine with Shrimp Scampi. It’s the kind of fresh, accessible food that’s meant to be passed around the table in big bowls or platters and enjoyed with warm conversation and laughter.

In Ina’s hands tried-and-true dishes are even more delicious than you remember them: Her arugula salad is bright with the flavors of lemon and Parmesan, the Oven-Fried Chicken is crispy without excess fat, and her Deep-Dish Apple Pie has the perfect balance of fruit and spice. Barefoot Contessa Family Style also includes enticing recipes that are memorable and distinctive, like Lobster Cobb Salad, Tequila Lime Chicken, and Saffron Risotto with Butternut Squash.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:34 -0400)

Ina Garten, who shared her gift for casual entertaining in the bestselling Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and Barefoot Contessa Parties! , is back with her most enticing recipes yet--a collection of her favorite dishes for everyday cooking. In Barefoot Contessa Family Style , Ina explains that sharing our lives and tables with those we love is too essential to be saved just for special occasions--and it's easy to do if you know how to cook irresistible meals with a minimum of fuss. For Ina, the best way to make guests feel at home is to serve them food that's as unpretentious as it is delicious. So in her new book, she's collected the recipes that please her friends and family most--dishes like East Hampton Clam Chowder, Parmesan Roasted Asparagus, and Linguine with Shrimp Scampi. It's the kind of fresh, accessible food that's meant to be passed around the table in big bowls or platters and enjoyed with warm conversation and laughter. In Ina's hands tried-and-true dishes are even more delicious than you remember them: Her arugula salad is bright with the flavors of lemon and Parmesan, the Oven-Fried Chicken is crispy without excess fat, and her Deep-Dish Apple Pie has the perfect balance of fruit and spice. Barefoot Contessa Family Style also includes enticing recipes that are memorable and distinctive, like Lobster Cobb Salad, Tequila Lime Chicken, and Saffron Risotto with Butternut Squash. With vivid photographs of Ina cooking and serving food in her beautiful Hamptons home, as well as menu suggestions, practical wisdom on what to do when disaster strikes in the kitchen, and tips on creating an inviting ambience with music, Barefoot Contessa Family Style is the must-have guide to the joy of everyday entertaining. From the Hardcover edition.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,474,605 books! | Top bar: Always visible