Kiss

by Ted Dekker, Erin Healy (Author)

Other authors: Adam Verner (Narrator)

After a car accident puts Shauna McAllister in a coma and wipes out six months of her memory, she tries to sort out what happened that night by jarring her memory to life. Instead, she acquires a mysterious mental ability that will either lead her to truth or get her killed by the people trying to hide it.… (more)
    Three by Ted Dekker (atdCross)
    atdCross: For me, 'Three' is the best of all Dekker's books. It is very, very fast-paced, definite page-turner, unique plot, and a twisted ending that just blew my mind away!

I've read this author before. I found it interesting that the message of this novel was very similar to several of the points from Scott Hamilton's book "The Great Eight" which I read just prior to reading this:
*everyone has things in their lives that they don't like or that cause them pain
*putting that pain in perspective is the secret--finding out what it was supposed to teach you
*remember who got you through the pain (God)

Though, quite honestly, through the first half of the book or so, I felt like I'd read this story before. I can't remember which book or author it was that seems so similar. As a result, it took me a very long time before I started to care about the characters and what happened to them. This is partly why it only got a 3 (average) rating from me. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 16, 2021 |
very interesting indeed. I love it. Thumbs up Ted ( )
  DigitalKB | Apr 13, 2020 |
Un libro che si lascia leggere, senza infamia e senza lode. Piuttosto piatto, per essere un libro d'azione/thriller. La trama è piuttosto scontata e di colpi di scena se ne vedono davvero molto pochi.

Sinceramente mi aspettavo qualcosa di meglio da questo autore visto la fama che ha in America.

In alcuni punti è perfino illogico! Come se fosse possibile che il padre si lasciasse abbiandolare per anni... ANNI... per poi, improvvisamente, riprendersi.

I personaggi sono ben costruiti ma, per quanto mi riguarda non affascinano il lettore, nè positivamente nè negativamente. La stessa Shauna non si lascia amare, nè odiare... semplicemente la seguiamo, piuttosto passivi.

Lo stile di Dekker è buono, non posso dire il contrario ma manca di passione e di suspance. Per un thriller è essenziale!

In ultimo, ma non per questo meno importante, in molti punti mi sono ritrovata a fare dei paragoni con altre opere come The Giver oppure altri film che ho visto in passato. Non voglio assolutamente dire che sia un bel bricolage di altre opere ma semplicemente che la sensazione di "già visto" è forte per tutta la durata del romanzo e questo, sicuramente, non è un bene.

Peccato, una buona idea sviluppata male.

Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Kiss is the story of Shauna McAllister, who is the daughter of a very influential, presidential candidate. The book starts with Shauna in a hospital in a coma after a horrible car accident. As she starts to awaken from the coma, she realizes that she has lost about 6 months worth of memories. Throughout her recovery, she is constantly trying to figure out what is truth, what is a lie, and whom she can believe. Shauna also discovers she has very unusual powers of the mind, being able to take memories from those whom she connects with.

This is one of Ted Dekker's best books as a single. It captures your attention immediately and carries you along with the tension for the whole read. Some very interesting and unexpected twists are involved. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
The victim of a drug-induced amnesia begins to display side effects of being able to 'steal' memories from others, simply by touching them. What will she learn? Is this a gift or a curse?

As much as I can remember, most (if not all) of Ted Dekker's protagonists are male, while this one is female, and a very well-fleshed out one, too -- perhaps because it's co-authored with Erin Healy. In that light, I'm looking forward to reading the subsequent (but not linked) co-authored novel titled, 'Burn'. ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |

Ted Dekkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Healy, ErinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Verner, AdamNarratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Whoever said "Don't look back"? Unblind yourself. Turn your eyes to the past to find your way forward.--Miguel Lopez, "The Lives We Save"
Remember that you were slaves in Egypt . . .--Deuteronomy 16:12
The view from my therapist's window is unremarkable.
God is with me. Jesus is near. The Spirit is greater than my fear.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,744,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible