The Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Bill…

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (2005)

by Bill Watterson

Recently added byericgorr, private library, Alendor, ciarpame, ncm_292013, wish-dumain, wodenthewanderer, therapite

English (44)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  German (1)  All languages (47)
You either know the strip or you don't, and if you don't YOU NEED TO. ( )
  richardderus | Dec 29, 2017 |
Who doesn’t love Calvin & Hobbes?

They are funny, brilliant and witty. The art, the ideas, the humour. Everything about these strips is perfect.

kasyapa | Oct 9, 2017 |
This is the three volume, cloth bound, boxed set. It contains the complete Calvin and Hobbes series. ( )
  Tatoosh | Aug 14, 2017 |
Whew...3150 strips, plus all the extras Watterson drew for the Complete collection. I enjoyed many of them when they were first published (didn't always have a paper subscription), and despite having this collection since it was published in 2005 - had it shipped to Korea, and nearly lost it due to a fire - I'm only now finally reading it in its entirety. There are a great many strips that made me laugh (and even think), and I'll say his final year after his second sabbatical was more brilliant than perfunctory.

Good stuff. Recommended for nostalgic fans and those who don't mind spending a bit of time enjoying the irreverence of Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
Being born in the late 80s, I was a bit young to enjoy this strip as it was "live," but my dad had a ratted copy of "The Days Are Just Packed" and it was one of the few books all of my siblings fought over, regardless of age. I've started and added to my own Calvin and Hobbes collection over the years, but my parents had the brilliant idea to gift me with the entire collection last Christmas. Each volume is hefty and beautiful (they weigh more than my hardback Harry Potter books do), and reading through everything in chronological order was like revisiting my childhood. I'm not much of a comics reader, but Calvin and Hobbes is special. It captures the essence of being a kid—not to mention being a kid during the time period I was a kid—and is genuinely funny, smart, satirical, heartwarming, and nostalgic. I love this comic strip, and I'll never tire of re-reading it. Calvin and Hobbes is magic. ( )
  AngelClaw | Sep 17, 2016 |
Book one: So lon, Pop!
Book two: Call it.
Book three: Hey Mom, can I get some plastic surgery?
His train of thought is still boarding at the station.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0740748475, Hardcover)

An Excerpt from Bill Watterson's Introduction:

"I’ve loved comic strips as long as I can remember. As a kid, I knew I wanted to be either a cartoonist or an astronaut. The latter was never much of a possibility, as I don’t even like riding in elevators. I kept my options open until seventh grade, but when I stopped understanding math and science, my choice was made. There is great personal satisfaction in attending to detail and quality, and I remain very proud of the standards the strip met day after day. I also liked the responsibility of knowing that, succeed or fail, it was all my own doing. This approach kept the strip very honest and personal--everything having to do with Calvin and Hobbes expressed my own ideas, my own values, my own way. I wrote every word, drew every line, and painted every color. It’s a rare gift to find such fulfilling work and I tried to show my appreciation by giving the strip everything I had to offer."

Exclusive Images from the New Collection More Calvin and Hobbes Books

The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book
Weirdos from Another Planet!
Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:04 -0400)

Brings together every "Calvin and Hobbes" cartoon that has ever appeared in syndication, along with stories and poems from classic collections.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,211,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible