All My Patients Have Tales: Favorite Stories…

All My Patients Have Tales: Favorite Stories from a Vet's Practice

by Jeff Wells

All My Patients Have Tales by Jeff Wells, DVM, is a short memoir about the early years of Jeff's veterinary practice. Each chapter relates a different story, starting off with how Jeff made it through veterinary school and on through his first 2-3 years of practice dealing with both the animals and their owners. The stories are heart warming and funny. Jeff's love of animals shines through. It was a nice, short read. ( )
  Narilka | Jan 25, 2017 |
The title of this book is what first caught my attention; I loved the "play on words" with tales and the picture of those wagging tails on the cover!

Being an animal lover,(I worked at a Zoo!) I enjoy reading stories of people sharing their experiences with pets. My husband and I joke that our cat is cheap entertainment as we watch her slide across our floor to bat at a toy, chase her tails or chirp at the birds outside. When I began reading Jeff's stories about his experiences with animals and their owners, I found I could not put the book down until I reached the last tale. Jeff is a wonderful story-teller; one moment, you experience the emotional heartache of owners and Jeff as a vet tending to a sick or injured pet, and the next, you are roaring with laughter at the antics of the pets - and owners! ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
This is a collection of stories told by a veterinarian. Jeff Wells also includes chapters on how he became a vet and when he started out as a brand new vet at his first job.

I really enjoyed this. Living in a city with only cats, I often don't think about all the other types of animals that vets care for, including horses, cows, pigs and there is even one story of a yak! The book had a few cute illustrations, and I liked that each chapter had a very small illustration of whichever type of critter would be focused on in that chapter. Definitely an enjoyable book. ( )
  LibraryCin | Dec 13, 2014 |
I loved this book, and appreciate Dr. Wells contributions! I hope that he plans to write more "tales"! He has an understanding of animals and also of their owners. Every pet owner should be as fortunate to have a vet like Dr. Wells! Thank God, I do...though they aren't authors...hmm... ( )
  nightprose | Jan 28, 2011 |
At first I didn't think this could compare to the beloved James Herriot books but Jeff Wells comes close. I loved the story about Bacon and Pork Chop the pot belly pigs. I loved it so much I shared it with my husband and son. Jeff Wells does have some great stories and I hope he'll write another book.
  heididay61 | Mar 6, 2010 |
In Memory of my Father
Mrs. Perkins was methodically explaining the symptoms that her new cat, Henry, was experiencing.

All My Patients Have Tales is a heartwarming and funny collection of stories by a dedicated veterinarian featuring wild horses, porcupine-quill-covered dogs, male cats in labor, an extremely ornery pygmy donkey, an enormous hog, as well as many other domestic, and not so “domestic” animals. Wells begins his work as an inexperienced recent college grad and emerges a caring and beloved veterinarian. Affording the reader an inside glimpse into his daily life, he narrates many uplifting, life-altering, lifethreatening, and hilarious episodes.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:42 -0400)

This heartwarming and funny collection of stories by a dedicated veterinarian features wild horses, porcupine quill-covered dogs, male cats in labor, an extremely ornery pygmy donkey, an enormous hog, and many other domestic - and not so domestic - animals. Wells begins as an inexperienced recent graduate and emerges as a caring and beloved veterinarian, narrating many uplifting, life-altering, life-threatening, and hilarious episodes along the way.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,008,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible