Fox by Margaret Wild

Fox (2000)

by Margaret Wild, Ron Brooks (Illustrator)

"Fox" by Margaret Wild is a challenging story for young readers that not only tests their minds, but their morals as well. This is a great story about a dog and a bird who become each others eyes and wings. It teaches the value of friendship and that you can overcome anything if you believe. This story is great at challenging the minds of young readers, because it not only be difficult to comprehend, but it is written in a challenging way. It can sometimes be difficult to understand where to begin reading on a page. ( )
  alaina_obryant | Feb 12, 2018 |
Fox by Maragret Wild is a fascinating book. Upon opening the first page I could tell this book was different from any book I’ve read. The blunt, rushed handwriting against the intense artwork captured my full attention as a reader. The story was about a pair of friends who were perfectly content with each other until someone offered something better. This book has very real life lessons that can be grasped by an elementary student. The overall message of it is to be satisfied with what you have. This book is a work of art from start to finish ( )
  pconle1 | Sep 12, 2016 |
Read the other reviews. I found this too disturbing to want to think much about, except to say, it really is better for big kids & scholars than for little kids. Pretty much brilliant, though. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Deep concept-heavy picture book. Used as an anchor text in a Lucy Calkin's unit. Very poetic and morally complex.
  ClaraN | Mar 10, 2016 |
While I really enjoyed reading this book, I definitely found it to be a little dark for young children. The writing was very engaging and kept me interested, especially with the introduction of the evil fox. The illustrations in this book were absolutely beautiful and enhanced the story. The characters, while animals, were very well developed. I was personally sad when the bird ended up stranded in the desert. The main idea of this story is perseverance and also to love and appreciate what you have, because it could be taken from you. I liked reading this book as an adult, but I am not so sure I would give it to young children. ( )
  ehopki7 | Mar 12, 2015 |

Margaret Wildprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brooks, RonIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

An injured magpie and a one-eyed dog live happily together in the forest, until a jealous fox arrives to teach them what it means to be alone.

Kane Miller Books

An edition of this book was published by Kane Miller Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,968,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible