Good Work, Secret Seven (1954)

by Enid Blyton

Series: The Secret Seven (6)

Peter and Janet witness a crime. A car is stolen right in front of them. So, of course, the rest of the Secret Seven become involved. They soon realize they're on the trail of some dangerous criminals and they don't feel quite so brave. Have the gang taken on too much this time?

I'm amused that it took me almost two months to finish reading a book that I could've read in about fifteen minutes. What can I say – other books got in the way.

Fairly typical Secret Seven fare.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Match found in the German National Library.
  glsottawa | Apr 4, 2018 |
The first time I read this was, I think, about the first time I'd ever heard of Bonfire Night or Guy Fawkes. Shortly afterwards I learned about Hallowe'en in the US and felt more than ever that Australians were missing out. So it was quite surprising to reread this and realise just how small a role Guy Fawkes actually plays in the book - I seem to remember more. And I don't remember the details at all - I think I am finally moving towards the limit of my knowledge of the series.

I rather like the fact that the Seven are so easily taken in at the beginning and that, even when faced with a "real" adventure, they jump initially to false conclusions. For all its shortness, it's rather a fun and even slightly cautionary adventure story. ( )
  mandochild | Nov 3, 2010 |
'When are the Secret Seven going to have their next meeting?' said Susie to her brother Jack.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,551,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible