The Holy Temple by Boyd K. Packer

The Holy Temple (1980)

by Boyd K. Packer

The women in my ward (congregation) are reading this book as we look forward to the dedication of a temple here in Indianapolis. It had been a long time since I read it, and I found it very much worth reading again.
One thing that I noticed more this time was the illustrations for each chapter heading. They were done by President (then Elder) Packer himself.
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
This book is a good overview of what temples are and why they are important. Elder Packer really knows his stuff and I appreciated that he cited a lot of outside sources. Having not been to the temple before, much of the information still seemed frustratingly vague, but it did change my perspective a bit about temple work.

All my life I have dreamed of going to the temple; this goal has been primarily for my benefit. However, after reading this book, I finally realized that we have temples so that we can not only save ourselves, but most importantly those who have passed on before us. I have never really had much of a desire to do genealogy work, but this book sparked a new desire in my heart.

This book doesn't have all the answers for those who are preparing to go to the temple, but it does help individuals direct their questions and ponderings to the right place. Even though most of what I read is stuff that I have already learned, I would recommend that anyone who hasn't been to the temple yet read this book. It provides a solid foundation on which to prepare your . . . preparation. ( )
  AngelClaw | Feb 2, 2016 |
Definitive classic on temple doctrine and on Mormon temples in particular. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jul 9, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,733,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible