Stuart Little by E. B. White

Stuart Little (1945)

by E. B. White

The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary (cmbohn)
    Half Empty by David Rakoff (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: One of the essays discusses the author's identification with Stuart Little as a child

I had an idea of what Stuart Little was going to be like based on the movies. I know I should never do that but this book was completely different than I thought. It focused more on moments in Stuart's life as he grew up and left home. There were some old thoughts about the world which was strange to discover. Stuart falling in love with a bird was the most interesting part although I wish I knew what became of Stuart's journey. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
It is a nice children's book. Definitely a classic. But reading it as an adult I didn't find it anything amazing. I think the people who recommended it just remember their fond memories as kids. If you are an adult and have never read it before and are planning to read it for yourself, I would say skip it. ( )
  KamGeb | Jun 9, 2018 |
this book was good and kind of cute book to read. I have seen the movie and I thought it was a little bit better than the book surprisingly. I thought the writing was good and the story line though. Overall I thought it was a good book. ( )
  Jeholmes10 | Nov 15, 2017 |
When a small mouse travels cross- country to seek a fortune and find his friend along the way, you cannot help but be captivated. His positive outlook on life and his wonderful attitude lead him out of a lot of dangerous paths. I am a fan of E.B. White’s books because you cannot help but be engrossed in the endearing characters and the complexity of the adventures. I will read this to my future classroom. ( )
1 vote dmrunn31916 | Nov 13, 2017 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Aug 23, 2017 |

White, E. B.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wells, RosemaryIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, GarthIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bomans, GodfriedTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Harris, JulieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When Mrs. Frederick C. Little's second son arrived, everyone noticed that he was not much bigger than a mouse.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064400565, Paperback)

Narrator Julie Harris draws upon her extraordinary acting talents to raise this much-loved tale of a teeny, tiny explorer and his oversized adventures to new heights. "Stuart put on his sailor hat and his sailor suit, took his spy glass down from the shelf and set for a walk full of the joy of life and the fear of dogs." Skipping from one precarious perch to the next, the diminutive wanderer makes new friends, meets old ones, and shares his lust for life with listeners of all ages. Harris's clever, lyrical narration is wonderfully evocative and perfectly captures the charming yet soulful spirit of E.B. White's classic children's tale. (Running time: 2 hours, 2 cassettes) --George Laney

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:02 -0400)

The adventures of the debonair mouse Stuart Little as he sets out in the world to seek out his dearest friend, a little bird who stayed a few days in his family's garden.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,029,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible