Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy…

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (1972)

by Judy Blume

Series: Fudge Series (1)

Peter finds his demanding two-year-old brother an ever increasing problem.

First book of stories of the Hatcher family. Fudge is a troublesome 3 year old who keeps getting into Peter's things, but somehow surviving. Tells how Peter got his dog which he named Turtle. ( )
  LindaLeeJacobs | Feb 15, 2020 |
This book really freaked me out...how does a toddler eat a god damned turtle? It must have involved some kind of dismemberment and gore and little hands forcing the shell apart....no one is concerned about what kind of child would do that? Oh, that Fudge!

Like, if it was a creature that could be swallowed whole, OK I can get that, spur of the moment, lack of thought, whatever. Toddler. A goldfish or something I could understand him "accidentally" swallowing because he wanted fish soup, but a turtle? Even a teeny-tiny baby turtle. To swallow a turtle is going to take some concentration and several steps to accomplish.

Fudge is a little monster. ( )
  ManWithAnAgenda | Feb 18, 2019 |
I remember reading this book in school and I really loved reading It. Its about a fourth grader who has a 2 year old brother and shows the temper tantrums that his brother has. This book can relate to so many children and that is what engages their interest. Its a fun book to read and many children would enjoy It. ( )
  ekarcz1 | Oct 16, 2018 |
The most popular book at the school library--it felt like I had to wait for months to get it! ( )
  bookhookgeek | Sep 7, 2018 |
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing was a book read to me in the fourth grade and has been a favorite since then. This book is great for middle schoolers, because of it's simplified language and relatable content. The book is about a fourth grader with a 2 year old little brother, and the story is all about the temper tantrums his brother throws and how their daily life functions. The main character, Peter is constantly thinking that his parents do not pay attention to him, and he is frustrated with his little brother. This story is a great book for students to read to enjoy a book that is similar to their daily lives. ( )
  Kailynevans | Nov 14, 2017 |

Judy Blumeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doty, RoyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Larry, who is a combination of Peter and Fudge, and for Willie May, who told me about Dribble
I won Dribble at Jimmy Fargo's birthday party.
My father stood with Fudge in the tub and dumped a whole bowl of cereal right over his head.
She loves Fudge more than me. She doesn't even love me anymore. She doesn't even like me. Maybe I'm not her real son."
Eat it or wear it!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,604,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible