Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (1972)

by Judy Blume

Series: Fudge Series (1)

Peter finds his demanding two-year-old brother an ever increasing problem.

My mom recommended this book, it was one of her childhood favorites. Needless to say, I didn't agree. It bored me, and just wasn't my style. A good book, just one that is not for me. ( )
  Bookslesstravelled | Apr 15, 2022 |
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing is a humorous and heart warming story of a young boy named Peter. The book is written from Peter's point of view and it follows him along as he navigates life with his wild younger brother Fudge. This was one of my favorite books when I was in elementary school, I think it is a story that many children would find themselves related to. ( )
  mcervantes4 | Apr 10, 2022 |
I can see why many of my students enjoy this book! I did not personally enjoy it as much. All I could keep thinking was Poor Peter! Good for him for sticking through tough times with Fudge as a little brother. I probably would have given up!

Regardless of my personal frustration with Fudge rather than seeing the comedy, this story is really quite timeless! ( )
  LectricLibrary | Feb 16, 2022 |
I loved this so much when I was a pre-teen. Especially "Eat it or wear it" and the parts where Peter is vindicated. ( )
  bunnyjadwiga | Nov 18, 2021 |
  MWSLibrarian | Oct 17, 2021 |

Judy Blumeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doty, RoyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Larry, who is a combination of Peter and Fudge, and for Willie May, who told me about Dribble
I won Dribble at Jimmy Fargo's birthday party.
My father stood with Fudge in the tub and dumped a whole bowl of cereal right over his head.
She loves Fudge more than me. She doesn't even love me anymore. She doesn't even like me. Maybe I'm not her real son."
Eat it or wear it!

Peter finds his demanding two-year-old brother an ever increasing problem.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,314,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible